“Very nice hotel”
Review of The Westin Xiamen

The Westin Xiamen
Ranked #1 of 1,274 Hotels in Xiamen
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My stay was excellent room was first class ,Qba bar was the best especially the waiter seven was so friendly and hospitality. Food in Qba was so good. I like there. They make good mojito as well.
Will definetly come again to meet my new friend there.

Tony

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Westin X, General Manager at The Westin Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear Tony,
Thank you very much for taking your time to write this comment. I'm so glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us and made new friend here. Located on the first floor, Qba turns an ordinary evening into a sultry Latin adventure. You'll find Cuba's vibrant culture on display, from the restaurant's colorful design accents to its spicy, exotic menu. In winter, Qba is serving fire port, which gives Chinese hot pot a Spanish flavor. I hope you can try this new product next time, and I also want to recommend the Zen5es (creative Chinese food), and the Seasonal Tastes (international buffet) on the second floor. Thank you again for your support.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Xiamen

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed at the Westin Xiamen recently on an overnight stopover for business. As others here have said, the hotel was great, with a good and relaxing ambience, and very comfortable rooms.

However, despite acknowledging my request for a non-smoking room and promising one, the room that I was assigned ultimately was not a non-smoking room. What gave it away? Well, other than the smell, there were two ash trays in the room and no "non-smoking" room signs.

Due to a very tight schedule after checking-in, I decided to ignore the slight smell and rushed off to the next meeting. So, be sure to reiterate again when checking-in if a non-smoking room was needed. And by the way, the Qba has nice live music although it was relatively empty on a Tuesday night and they were out of the Yamazaki whiskey.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Westin X, General Manager at The Westin Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing the Westin Xiamen. Due to the high occupancy during that time, we are out of non-smoking rooms. Really sorry that we had to arrange a smoking room for you. But our housekeeping team already did a smoke-free treatment before you arrived, to purify the air. However, we really do want to satisfy every guest's needs. Next time, feel free to call service express if you are not happy with your room, we will try our best to settle your requirement. Again, thank you for taking your time to write this comment. We hope next time you come to Xiamen, the Westin Xiamen will still be your first choice. Hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Once again I enjoyed a long stay at the Xiamen Westin 41 nights. By now I think I know the entire hotel staff, I have spend so much time there this year that most of them by now are like family to me. I do immensely appreciate the accommodations given to me. The last room i stayed in was a very roomy, modern comfortable suit that makes the long stay more pleasant and bearable. Because you feel a bit like home with room to move around and not feel boxed in.
The service was excellent as before. The guest experience team especially Joao and Jennifer always thrived in providing me the best of service and attended to any of my questions or concerns with swift positive response. Although the only service that is not up to par for a hotel of this category is the internet speed because it is too slow at times of heavy traffic. The guest experience team tried all they could to remedy the situation going as far as arranging for their IT manager to work and stay late waiting for me to come to the hotel from work to find out what were my internet needs, for them to improve on their service and eventually installed a private WiFi router in my room to try to help with the situation. They tried hard to solve the issue and I give them credit for trying but I understand that some things are out of their hands. Don't know if it is the best internet speed that can be obtain in China but it is not fast enough for the devices and applications we are accustomed and use here in the states.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Westin X, General Manager at The Westin Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your continuous support to the Westin Xiamen. Different from short term traveler, long stay guest has higher requirements for a hotel. Our variety of food and beverage choices, nice surroundings with super market, restaurants, cinema, library and gymnasium, professional laundry service, in house spa and hair salon are all attractive features for long stay guests. I'm so glad that our associates consistently provided good service to you, and made you feel at home. As for the internet speed, it's a bit difficult for a network sharing by hundreds of guests to keep up with private network. In fact, we are in the process of further upgrade our internet speed. Hopefully within next year, we will be able to meet your internet standard. I really hope that next time when you come to Xiamen, we will still be your first choice. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Traveling in the mainland... we all know can be hit or miss on hotels. The Xiamen Westin is a total wow. Gorgeous ambience, superb customer service and hospitality. I highly recommend this property! Qba restaurant is a must visit also.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Westin X, General Manager at The Westin Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing the Westin Xiamen and highly appreciate your such positive comments. I'm so glad that we exceed your expectation. As an international brand hotel, we strictly follow Westin's high standard, and I'm sure our heavenly bed, heavenly shower and white tea smell are all very familiar. At the same time, guest will find some interesting artworks that embody local culture, such as stringed puppets, and lacquer engravings in our Chinese restaurant, the Zen5es.
I sincerely hope that next time you come to Xiamen, the Westin Xiamen will still be your first choice. Thank you again for your recommendation.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

My stay here is always a nice respite from other places I have to stay in China. Joao is always accomodating and tries to ensure my time there is comfortable. Whilst it is a little further out than I would like, it sure makes up for it in the service and comfort.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LawrenceA5555

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing the Westin Xiamen. I'm so glad that our guest experience manager Joao had offered personal and instinctive service. We might not have the most attractive location for sightseeing, but at the center of Xiamen island, airport, train station, conference center and Gulangyu Island ferry are all within 20 minutes' drive. We will keep developing our service and product, and we look forward to welcoming back in the near future.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I tried the Latin restaurant at the westin hotel and was very satisfied with the friendly service and food quality! The place is called Qba and is runned by a very nice young german. I can really recoomend that place!

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing the Westin Xiamen. Located on the first floor, Qba turns an ordinary evening into a sultry Latin adventure. You'll find Cuba's vibrant culture on display, from the restaurant's colorful design accents to its spicy, exotic menu. I'm glad you like the Latin experience, and I also want to encourage you to try out our creative Chinese dish at the Zen5es, and international buffet at the Seasonal Tastes. I hope our diverse offers will keep you coming and can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

This was my second time staying at the Westin in Xiamen. Rooms are very comfortable and large. Bathrooms beautiful with separate doors for toilet and also shower. Great views!! Hotel is always sparkling clean and people seemed to be constantly on top of that. Food at the main restaurant very good. Prices high but right in line with other hotels in the area of this level. ( Kenpinski. Le Meridian) Spa pricey and didn't offer manicures which is what I wanted. I spent a lot of time at the hotel as my husband was in Xiamen on business and I can't say enough about customer service. I had access to the club lounge and got to know a few of the girls. Faye and Angela were wonderful, sweet girls who spoke very good English. But, I must point out one of the best hotel employees I've come across in all my years of traveling was Emi in the club lounge who went over and above to make my stay enjoyable. She even came in on her day off to walk with me and translate at the nail salon because I didn't feel comfortable with the language. I certainly hope the Westin recognizes her as the wonderful employee I experienced! I will definitely return to this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AKR_58
Westin X, General Manager at The Westin Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the Westin Xiamen and highly appreciate your such positive comments. I'm so glad our executive lounge team was able to provide personal and friendly service to you, especially Emi, who took it further to ensure you got a proper manicure outside the hotel. I'm really proud of these girls. They demonstrate the core value of Westin brand, and they are certainly role models to all hotel associates. I hope to see more and more stories like this.

Looking forward to welcoming back in the near future.