“Great Stay”

Ranked #1 of 1,272 Hotels in Xiamen
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Stay”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have just completed a three week stay at the Xiamen Westin. The staff is well trained and work hard to ensure customer service. The ability to visit the Executive Club on the 40th floor provided great views of the city while enjoying an evening glass of wine. Great value for the price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Alex L, Manager at The Westin Xiamen, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear guest, thank you very much for choosing the Westin Xiamen. Open exclusively to guests of our Westin Executive Club Rooms and select suites, the Westin Executive Club Lounge provides a light-filled space to relax, socialize, or get work done. This contemporary space features three floors, and windows that overlook the city skyline. You can stop by the lounge in the morning for a complimentary buffet breakfast, in the evening for hors d’oeuvres and cocktails, or any time of day for a light snack. We are glad that our associates had provided thoughtful service to you. We will keep improving the product and service, and hope you will have an even better experience next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
beijing
Reviewed September 16, 2013

spent couple times in there. now The Westin in Xiamen is my first choice. It is very mordern and very comfortable soft bed. automatic windows. and they always keep the same room for their important guest which is make my client or my boss more happy. The guest Experience team are great. Breakfast is good. Chinese restaurant is great. one night when i back to my room, I found a box of chocolate in my desk. make me feel so warm. and in the executive room is very good for business. the view is beautiful and the bar(Q-bar) in the First floor is great .looking forward to live there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Alex L, Manager at The Westin Xiamen, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear guest,
We are so proud that our associates provide a thoughtful and renewal experience, also highly appreciated your such positive comments. At Westin, we try to provide personal and instinctive service, to create renewal guest experience. Guiding by this core value, we really pay attention to guest feedback, and collect each guest's preference, to ensure he/she will get favorite arrangement next time. We will keep developing our service and product, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Singapore
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is my first time in Xiamen and obviously my first time at the Westin there. I did not have too many expectations on what the hotel would be like but I was comfortably surprised. Its definitely 5 star. The lush, thick carpets and the quiet and efficient front desk. The room was fantastic and the toilet and bathroom facilities only surpassed by my experience at the Four Seasons Hong Kong. Many little touches both in the rooms and at the breakfast buffet. I would highly recommend this hotel for all business travelers like myself. If I had stayed one more day it would probably have been easier and more fair for me to write a more comprehensive review. Whatever, if I come back to Xiamen I will stay Westin.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Alex L, Manager at The Westin Xiamen, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are so glad you have had a renewal experience and highly appreciated for your such positive comments. The Heavenly Bath redefines the shower experience with an energizing rain shower, White Tea bath amenities, cotton bath sheets and custom-designed bathrobes, luring you in and help you start your day feeling pampered and invigorated. As a business hotel, we provide convenient location that only 15 minutes' drive from airport, train station, conference center and more. Real-time airline information is updated at lobby and on guest room TV channel. We will keep developing our service and product, and we look forward to welcoming back in the near future.
In The Westin Xiamen, we don't just promise a better hotel, we promise a better you.
Ningbo, China
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Spent two nights here recently and although the decor and facilities are good there is nothing remarkable about this hotel. The windows do slant back and offer you a view of the sky along with the earth and you have electrically operated window shades. The breakfast is fine, offering a decent enough spread for the non Chinese traveller. The swimming pool is nice too and the gym and associated facilities good. So what would I like to see done better? The room service menu is very sparse for the non Chinese traveller. Also in view of the coming typhoon Soulik ( I had a train ticket booked for the return to ningbo ) I asked for information and was amazed to find none available. Later I heard elsewhere all trains were cancelled and tried to get some information but none was forthcoming. I would have expected a hotel of this rating to have this updated hourly and provide to guests who check out/ check in. As it is I was able to book an air ticket and fly out before flights got canceled as well.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Alex L, Manager at The Westin Xiamen, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback with regards to your recent stay at The Westin Xiamen. It was with great regret that your experience with us was not that pleasant.
As you might have noticed, we did provide real time airline information right on the TV screen beside the front desk. As for other transportation tool such as train, concierge associate can call the station to check upon guest request. We are so sorry that our associate did not expect your needs when you asked about a certain train number. I have informed the team about this incident, and I'm sure they will be more alert next time.
Again, we are really sorry about all the inconvenience, and we really appreciate your comment, which will definitely help improve our service.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 30, 2013

In fact we got to the hotel at around 10 pm. So we just spent a short night here before moving to a more "tourist" hotel. Everything is new and well decorated and most importantly, at a reasonable price.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Alex L, Manager at The Westin Xiamen, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are glad you took advantage of our convenient location. Airport, train station, conference center and Gulangyu Island ferry are all within 20 minutes' drive. We will keep developing our service and product, and we sincerely hope next time if you want to explore the center part of Xiamen, the Westin Xiamen would be your first choice, looking forward to welcoming back in the near future.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2013

A cosmopolitan oasis on a busy island. The staff were fantastic, the breakfast buffet caters for anyone's tastes and the rooms are clean well appointed. As you approach from the airport, the hotel reaches for the sky in front of you.

Room Tip: I recommend a delux double or twin, non-smoking. I was on floor 22 and the views were excellent
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Carolyn D
Alex L, Manager at The Westin Xiamen, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are so glad you have had a renewal experience and highly appreciated for your such positive comments. As the landmark in city center, our building is the tallest in the area, and 18th to 39th floors are guest rooms, offering city view, lake view or mountain view. The location is very convenient. Airport, train station, conference center and Gulangyu Island ferry are all within 20 minutes' drive. We will keep developing our service and product, and we sincerely hope when you plan your next trip to Xiamen, The Westin Xiamen would be still your first choice, looking forward to welcoming back in the near future.
Parma
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Used this hotel during my business trip in Xiamen. The staff were extremely helpful and spoke english particularly well. I found the food and the service in the chinese restaurante impeccable and the buffet breakfast was just about the best I have ever experienced.
The hotel is clean and well designed. I did not need to go downtown and my suppliers seemed to think it was in a convenient position.
I would have liked to have been able to do a foot massage on the hotel premises but unfortunately even though it should be part of the chinese traditions the spa did not cater for that!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Alex L, Manager at The Westin Xiamen, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for given us a chance to serve you, and we really appreciated your such positive comments. We are glad to see you enjoy our Chinese restaurant and international buffet, besides our Qba also provides excellent Spanish food. In stead of food massage, our Heavenly Spa provides fragrant oil body massage, radiant facials, soothing parafin hand and foot treatments, and more.
We will keep developing our service and product, and we sincerely hope when you plan your next trip to Xiamen, The Westin Xiamen would still be your first choice. Looking forward to seeing you again.