I just spent 3 nights at the Ri Dong Garden Hotel In Xiamen. The hotel was arranged by one of the companies that I was visiting in Xiamen. It's a very nice location, located across the street from a very nice park with a lake and a great path for running.
The rate was very reasonable and the rooms were big and well laid out - the bed was very comfortable.
The rest of the story:
1. the air conditioning didn't work - I had help from housekeeping but it simply didn't work - the room never got below 27 degrees.
2. restaurant - the one day I was there for lunch I attempted to use the restaurant -billed as a buffet it's really a dim sum restaurant with lists of the offerings in chinese (no pictures to help you) The staff tried very hard but we were unsuccessful in getting me fed.
3. room service - after the failed attempt to in the restaurant I tried to order room service - I tried to order several things listed as on the menu - all unavailable.
4. wi fi is only available on the first 2 or 3 floors - I was on the 6th floor - in order to access wi fi I had to sit in the lobby (upside - it was cooler in the lobby than in my room)
The staff really tried - there was one young fellow working as a bellman who really went out of his way to try and help me. My advise - unless you are fluent in Mandarin or are travelling with someone with a working knowlege of it, I'd try another hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Ri Dong Garden Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.