“The Man , The Restaurant, Indiano Johns !”

INDIANO JOHN's SAMRAT
Ranked #3 of 1,493 Restaurants in Xiamen
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: INDIANO JOHN's SAMRAT in its 10th year of operation is XIAMEN's First and Only INDIAN dining which is Owned and Run by Chef/Sommellier John Solomon aka INDIANO JOHN. SAMRAT, specializes in Northern Indian Cuisine, mainly focused on grilled food prepared in the traditional charcoal oven called THE TANDOOR. SAMRAT also takes pride in providing the widest selection of Fine Wines and an unique choice of Gourmet beers from around the World. SAMRAT is a limited 50 seater, so advance bookings are highly recommended.
Xiamen, China
“The Man , The Restaurant, Indiano Johns !”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

If you are ever in Xiamen and want a great Indian meal, look no further. Starting from the wood exterior finish , the welcoming koi fish tank, to the wooden interior everything is just right!. The proprietor Johns welcoming spirit (Pedro Ximenez) is also really great. NEver tasted such a fine wine before I had to buy a bottle. Good Job John. Keep up the good work, you really have a good thing going. Advance wishes for your birthday in September :-) From a fellow world traveller - Yuehan George.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank J G

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
“AWESOME!! UNREAL!!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I usually don't leave reviews for places I visit, but this place, actually the gentleman who owns it John is a superb!! Can't believe such a guy exists in an era like ours.. It was pouring cats& dogs actually a typhoon in XIAMEN.. He not only obliged holding a table past the regular serving hours but served us unbelievable curries!! If that wasn't enough he escorted us outside the restaurant with umberalls and flagged down a taxi!! to our hotel
Unreal experience, unexpected in a place like XIAMEN!!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Sandeshkhodanpur
Shanghai
“Yummy Indian food and wine”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My favorite Indian restuarant in China, hands down!!! Great masala popadum for a starter followed by my favorites!!!

Complimented with a nice French, Spanish or Australian wine and Riedel glasses and decanter :)

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Jeffrey C
Shanghai
“Deserves the praise!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I've lived in China for 5 years and one of the things I miss is a good curry house (as you get back in the UK!).
John runs a quality establishment. Great tandoori and tasty curry. His recommendations were spot on and at the end of the meal he brought us a glass of grappa each (we had been discussing the merits of grappa vs a local spirit from a Taiwanese island nearby this part of the coastline).
Definitely worth the trip if your in need of something not Chinese. Plus if you like Indian food then is is one if the best I've had in China to date.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank mart_brown
Rocklin, California
“excellent food and staff”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I went there on vacation with my daughter. She has an English teacher in China for the past 1 1/2 years. Since she had been there before I decided to go give it a try. The owner, John, stopped by our table and recognized my daughter from when she was there months ago with other teachers. The food was excellent and the service was very good. John stopped by our table to chat for a while even though he was very busy. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone traveling to Xiamen while in China.

• Visited June 2013