“The one and only Indian food in Xiamen”

INDIANO JOHN's SAMRAT
Ranked #2 of 1,491 Restaurants in Xiamen
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: INDIANO JOHN's SAMRAT in its 10th year of operation is XIAMEN's First and Only INDIAN dining which is Owned and Run by Chef/Sommellier John Solomon aka INDIANO JOHN. SAMRAT, specializes in Northern Indian Cuisine, mainly focused on grilled food prepared in the traditional charcoal oven called THE TANDOOR. SAMRAT also takes pride in providing the widest selection of Fine Wines and an unique choice of Gourmet beers from around the World. SAMRAT is a limited 50 seater, so advance bookings are highly recommended.
Hangzhou
“The one and only Indian food in Xiamen”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Excellent food, excellent english-speaking service. John is a great guy who's takes a couple of minutes to talk to all of his customers.
Note: If your drinking shots with your buddies, invite John over for a couple. He never says no and 5-6 shots later the place is even more fun. Great place!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank shaolinchris

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Vancouver
“Birthday at Indiano John's”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Had a wonderful birthday dinner at Indiano John's last night! John helped us select dishes that left us satisfied but not stuffed. As there are 2 types of lentils, he let us try the one we didn't order to see the difference. Yumm! And we got a special price on an excellent Australian Shiraz (can't remember name but John knows his wines so anything he recommends will be a winner). As my girlfriends didn't arrange a cake, he called and arranged to get one delivered! What service! Thanks John for wonderful night!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank safrica_novice
Xiamen
“Indian Food in Xiamen China”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

A restuarant that can satisfy the Carnivore and the Vegan, a true dining PLEASURE!
Indian Food that's the BOMB!

John will in introduce himself within minutes of your arrival, you can't miss him, he has the Indiano John's hat on. Allow him to quickly identify what's your preference; Meat, Vegan, Mild or Spicy... etc!
Don't try to figure the menu, just let John ROLL with it, order a beverage, and relax.
Bring a Camera and record the event, the Atmosphere is Unique and Service is Excellant.
You'll find all the guest's stopping John regularly, to ask how their dishes are prepared.

Food will come quickly, the portions are ample and DELICIOUS!
Cost about 100 RMB ($16) per person (What? SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!)

My associates didn't care for Indian food prior to dining here, they've returned several times to Xiamen and request we dine at Indiano John's with each visit.
Regardles of the size of your party, You will thoroughly enjoy dining here, and leave SATISFIED!
I continue to return, I can't help it it's just to GREAT FOOD!

Thanks John & Staff!
M

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Mark H
Xiamen, China
“Average dinning experience.”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I had dinner with 2 friends on a weekday night. We ordered the nan bread, also with cheese. The chicken massala, a vegetarian curry, another chicken dish that comes on a hot plate. We enjoyed the food very much. The choice of wine by the glass is between a red and a white mini bottle which we did not take. A pity as the owner seems to be a wine lover. The service is a bit odd at times but that did create a relaxed atmosphere. We kept our coats on as it was really cold inside.
I would not necessarily come back any time soon and would prefer to try another restaurant instead

• Visited January 2013
Ermatingen, Schweiz
“Excellent food”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

When I went to Xiamen for the first time about three years ago somebody recommended the Samrat to me. Since then I go back there every time I am flying to Xiamen.

I just love the Indian cuisine so I have been to a lot of Indian restaurants around the world and this is one of the best I have found so far. The food is well prepared, delicious and it is served in proper sizes. In fact I like the food so much that I took my photo equipment one day to take some pictures of the food; I attached some of the photos to this review.

On top of the food John, the owner of the place, is an absolute wine nerd, no wonder you will find a wide range of fantastic wines at Samrat.
If you are not into wine, just choose a beer which comes in three different sizes: good size, bad size and ugly size.

I hear John renovated the whole place, and hope I will have the chance to go there soon!
So if you are going to Xiamen go there and try it out you won’t be disappointed!

• Visited November 2012