“Nice Hotel in Xiamen”

Ranked #2 of 1,264 Hotels in Xiamen
Great Lakes USA
“Nice Hotel in Xiamen”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I stayed at Le Meridien for three nights in May 2014. It was a nice stay and I'd consider going back. Everything was satisfactory, nothing spectacular, nothing bad. I liked the mood lighting feature in my room. Breakfast was very good. The people I encountered were nice. My only gripe was it was always hot in the common areas of the hotel. In my room, I had the air conditioning on the lowest temperature with the fan on high and could never get the room temperature cool enough for my liking. The club lounge was nice and I enjoyed the quiet there in the evening after a long day.

Room Tip: Get a room on the club floors which gets you access to the club lounge for breakfast, tea and cockta...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
LEMERIDIENXM, Manager at Le Meridien Xiamen, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear jdr132,
Thank you for taking your time to review your saty at Le Meridien Xiamen.
I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for letting me know how impressed you were with the service you received.
For the air conditioning in guest room, there are three buttons which including hot-blast air, cold-blast air and refreshing breeze for your choose. The lowest temperature could be 16 degrees Celsius. We will also have our engineering to double check the air conditioning systerm to make sure the machines are on the right track.
We all look forward to see you in the new future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed May 2, 2014

The location is paradoxal, at one hand, it's on a small hill, which is quiet and brings nice view; at the other hand, it's too difficult to go anywhere else if u don't have a car standby anytime. The room is ok, but i can see the dust in corners. The bar closes early, for poor people who cannot find a drink and night snack nearby and the waitress is rude and clearly doesn't know her business well (she told me they served snacks and then told me not after i sat there for 15 minutes and most of things i wanted on menu they didn't serve 'at the moment'). And this lack of knowledge of service didn't happen only once during my stay there. I will not go back in any situation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
LEMERIDIENXM, Manager at Le Meridien Xiamen, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Faychanholic,
Thank you for taking your time to review your stay at Le Meridien Xiamen.
I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the disappointment you have expressed regarding the service you received in the bar. Whilst I can assure you that any neglect experienced on this occasion would have been as a result of thoughtlessness rather than intent, you have my assurances that the issues raised have been addressed to prevent a similar reoccurrence in the future.
Hendersonville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The Le Meridien Xiamen is a very comfortable and quiet hotel. I only stayed once, but it was worth the stay. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and eager to assist in any need. The executive level is where I stayed and where I recommend other to stay. It was worth the little extra it cost to stay there, the executive lounge was nice, quiet and served a good breakfast.

Room Tip: The executive level is where I stayed and where I recommend other to stay. It was worth the little e...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
LEMERIDIENXM, Manager at Le Meridien Xiamen, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you so much for your choosing Le Meridien Xiamen. It's so happy to heard that how much you like our environment and service. There are many benefits you can enjoy when you stay at club room, such as unlimited to use executive lounge, free daily two breakfasts, free internet, hightea and happy hour...
Warmest Regards.
Hk
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This is the 2nd Le Meridian hotel I've stayed under Sheraton's brand. I arrive a bit earlier than I've expected. Checked in through the SPG queue and everything was done fast.

Stayed on the 2nd floor at the very very end of the hotel(does take a while to get there), really nice and quiet. The room used a lot of spot lights and neon lights was there just like a club. Bed and pillows were comfortable with the same expectation.

Housekeeping responded my request and delivered the bathroom amenities to my room less than 5 minutes after I hung up the call, despite the face my room is very far from the elevator. They came here FAST.

Tried out the indoor swimming pool, the facilities was new and it does stay up to Le Meridian standard.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
LEMERIDIENXM, Manager at Le Meridien Xiamen, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for choosing Le Meridien Xiamen. Le Meridien xiamen hotel is located in scenery beautiful Xianyue park area, with very beauty environment. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. We have chramatic lamp in our guest room, you can choose the colour which you like as your mood at this moment . Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. I have brought your comments to the attention of those concerned. We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Holzhausen, Germany
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel and very good service. Prices in bar too high, Wifi sucks but apart from that very recommendable. I got a phone call asking when my room could be made because they could not get in because of the Do Not Disturb sign ... So ... they disturbed, hmm not nice after an intercontinental flight. Less is more. Apart from that I would very much like to stay there, again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
LEMERIDIENXM, Manager at Le Meridien Xiamen, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Oliver L,
Thank you for taking your time to review your stay at Le Meridien Xiamen.
We are very sorry for the disturbed, we have Standard Operation Procedure when guest light DND sign. For the factor of safety, we do a call when guest light DND sign, we would like to note it to your profile, if you don't hope to reveive the call when light DND. Please be trust that we will work harder to bring more and more good service and customer care to you.
Shanghai, China
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This is the place where we stayed during our first trip. Although Xiamen is not as beautiful as expected to be, we had a really good time in this hotel. It is located at top of a mountain, quiet and comfortable. Lounge service is nice, except that food tastes just so-so. One interesting thing is that it has flirty light in the room, hahah.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
LEMERIDIENXM, Manager at Le Meridien Xiamen, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Mynn and Justin J,
Thank you for choosing Le Meridien Xiamen. It was a pleasure to note that you like our hotel.
Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. I have brought your comments to our F&B team for they improve food tastes .
Dinas Powys, Cymru
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This is an outstandingly well run hotel about 20 minutes from the city in one direction, and to the airport in another. I stayed on the Executive floor and was absolutely delighted by the welcome, and by the polite, friendly and gentle attention. All staff on this floor were outstanding, but Marc from Portugal was especially attentive. From arrival at teatime to departure the next morning, this team provided snacks, drinks and non-intrusive conversation. The generous sized pool also has a large adjacent jacuzzi with massage jet beds that I was reluctant to leave. The whole building is surrounded by green hills, and there is a frequent courtesy bus to Xiamen itself. Taxis to the airport are easy, costing no more than 30 RMB
Most years I spend up to 200 nights in hotels, and this one stands out as one of the memorable best. Well-trained staff are a great asset, and I shall return. It's ideal for a first or last night or two before a business trip - or worth considering as a resort hotel

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
LEMERIDIENXM, Manager at Le Meridien Xiamen, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Crwydryn2,
Thank you for choosing Le Meridien Xiamen. It was a pleasure to note how much you have enjoyed your stay with us and we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support.
It is very happy to hear that you are happy to stay in our Club Room. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. I have brought your comments to the attention of those concerned, in especial of Marc. Please be trust that we will work together to bring more and more good service and customer care to you.