“Great hotel”

Crowne Plaza Paragon Xiamen
Ranked #8 of 1,295 Hotels in Xiamen
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Very comfortable and clean. Noting can complain during our stay. Good location and it's easy to get around. The only thing is due to china block some websites or app, like BF, line, yahoo and so on, so it's not able to get though these sites as well but we though an international hotel shall be able to improve this. Cuz we stayed at the same hotel which located in guang-dong. They don't have such kind of issue.

Stayed: July 2014
GuestRelations_XMNPG, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Paragon Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our hotel. Thank you for your advice and we will convey it to our colleagues.We will keep developing our service and product, to ensure everyone leave feeling better,we sincerely hope when you plan your next trip to Xiamen.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Lovely rooms, friendly staff, good location...In the neighbourhood you find all kind of restaurants,massage salons,small and larger shops.15 minute taxiride takes you to the SM mall where you can find all kind of shops ..check the cyber department.

Room Tip: 15 th floor was great
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
GuestRelations_XMNPG, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Paragon Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing Crowne Plaza Paragon Xiamen and share your valuable feedback. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our location and qualified service made your stay experience more memorable. We will continue to strive in delivering quality services and keep on serving guests with the most attentive attitude, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve.
Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future. Thank you!

Reviewed July 12, 2014

It has been more than a year since I stayed Crowne Plaza Paragon at Xiamen for 4 days 3 nights. I have stayed in many top hotels from international brands like Pullman and Mandarin. This has to be one of the best hotels I have stayed so far. Here are the pros and cons of it:

Pros:
1. The service is excellent. The staff are friendly and always ready to help. During buffet breakfast, the staff will come to me and ask how was the meal and if I need any juice or coffee. When my taxi reaches the lobby, the attendants are quick to open to car door. More importantly, they will be smiling and courteous for simple tasks like this that they might have to do many times a day. That is highly commendable. They also pay attention to the small details. I recall a morning where I went out for a run before breakfast. The lady who opened the entrance door smiled and asked how was my run after I finished running and to take care not to catch a cold as weather was cool after rain the night before. I have done similar jogging before breakfast in other hotels. But none of them have ever showed that care and concern. This goes an extra mile to make customers feel valued and happy. The counter staff are well-versed on the area too. They are able to recommend me good areas for sightseeing, shopping and even the sport stadium to play tennis.
2. There is a nice scent in the hotel. I feel peace whenever I enter the hotel and smell the scent. Most top hotels don't do go to that extra mile to please the customers. It may be a small gesture, but it really means a lot to customer satisfaction.
3. The hotel is connected to a posh shopping centre with brands like DKNY and Armani. But there are also pleasant eateries like Papa John Pizza, Starbucks and Haagen Dazs. One of my favourite late afternoon pleasure is to read a book and drink coffee at Starbucks. I also had a good meal at Papa John Pizza. Full marks for well thought planning of hotel shops.
4. I enjoyed the area surrounding the hotel too. A short 5 to 8 mins walk will bring you to a row of tea shops. As there is a whole row of shops selling tea, prices are competitive and quality is good. I bought quite a few packs of tea there back to Singapore. Further down is a KFC which is a good budget dining area. The area around the hotel is also safe. I will wake up every morning to jog around the hotel and I did not encounter any unpleasant or safe moments. Xiamen is a safe city but the hotel should also be credited for building a safe environment.
5. The room was clean and it has international cable channels. This is highly appreciated for international travellers like myself who prefer English channels.
6. Pricing is competitive. The prices are comparable or slightly cheaper than some other top hotels in the area. More importantly the online booking website is easy to use and informative compared to some international brands.

Cons:
1. There are 2 gyms in the hotel. One is a hotel gym and the other is a paid fitness centre in Paragon. As someone new to Xiamen and the hotel, I was unaware there are 2 gyms and went to the paid one and paid one day use of the gym, not knowing there is another free one. Perhaps the staff might want to inform customers at check in that there are 2 gyms. Cause some customers may not know and will go to the wrong gym and end up paying.

Other than this, I am very happy with Crowne Plaza Paragon Xiamen and it is my favourite hotel in China. Crowne Plaza is hence a brand I will always look for whenever I am overseas and need a hotel. It has not disappoint so far based on my experience in Crowne Plaza Changi Airport Singapore too. I look forward to my Crowne Plaza Kunming stay later in September this year.

Room Tip: High floors are quieter due to the busy shopping and business activities around the area
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JonasCN
GuestRelations_XMNPG, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Paragon Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for choosing us. We believe that you will see a significant improvement in our services and products after we finish the Enhancement Program to ensure everyone leave feeling better,we sincerely hope when you plan your next trip to Xiamen, the Crowne Plaza Paragon Xiamen would still be your first choice, looking forward to welcoming back in the near future

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Very good hotel, I'd a commercial and technical seminar this week. The conference hall is very good, the service of the conference area in very good.
The rooms are very good, the restaurant has a great service and a very good food selection.
I recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
GuestRelations_XMNPG, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Paragon Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for choosing us. We will keep developing our service and product, to ensure everyone leave feeling better,we sincerely hope when you plan your next trip to Xiamen, the Crowne Plaza Paragon Xiamen would still be your first choice, looking forward to welcoming back in the near future.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

The last time I was in this hotel I was quite satisfied with it. However upon arrival yesterday I found out that an extensive construction is going on. Swimming pool , spa and fitness center are closed, and some noise can be heard during the daytime from the construction itself. The hotel has set up a temporary fitness room and are willing to drive you to a sister hotel to let them use the pool there ( small indoor pool, which is way to little and disappointing). Although the staff tries very hard, I would avoid the hotel for a while. Rooms are still fine, so is the breakfast. Construction May last til 2015...

Room Tip: Ask before you book if construction has terminated. Ask for a room far away from where the construct...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
GuestRelations_XMNPG, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Paragon Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear guest,thank you for choosing us. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused during the Enhancement Program, while we keep developing our services and products. We believe that you would have a better experience when staying with us next time after we finish the Enhancement Program, we hope that Crowne Plaza Paragon Xiamen would still be your first choice in your next trip to Xiamen, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Big clean room, good internet, convenient location, and the staff at the front desk were extremely friendly and helpful. Plus I liked having the Starbucks in the lobby. Some construction going on, but didn't bother me.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Carson389

Reviewed May 7, 2014

this hotel is very strange , it is located in an shopping center just for exclusive and expensive brands, so in the shopping center nobody ! the room they give me was noisy , and it looks a little much used , room nr 1211, the food is not really good , i had lunch buffet which is a little pale , means have mainly seafood,and some local dishes, i guess the chef have some tasteprobles as the thousend island souce was very spicy, the ceasers souce was pure fish taste! in the lounge for happy hour they offer beef but it was so hard that you normaly use it a shoesole,at the breakfast , as they dont have enough space i had to ask for each and every thing , also the variations of food is poor,so for me it was the one and only stay
the best thing in that hotel is that near to the lobby there is a starbucks !

Room Tip: be carefull when you get an upgrade there !!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
GuestRelations_XMNPG, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Paragon Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear guest, We appreciate your comment and extend our sincere apology for your dissatisfaction. The problem in our service effectiveness you referred has been reflected to relevant departments, and we believe you will see our improvement on your next visit.