It has been more than a year since I stayed Crowne Plaza Paragon at Xiamen for 4 days 3 nights. I have stayed in many top hotels from international brands like Pullman and Mandarin. This has to be one of the best hotels I have stayed so far. Here are the pros and cons of it:
1. The service is excellent. The staff are friendly and always ready to help. During buffet breakfast, the staff will come to me and ask how was the meal and if I need any juice or coffee. When my taxi reaches the lobby, the attendants are quick to open to car door. More importantly, they will be smiling and courteous for simple tasks like this that they might have to do many times a day. That is highly commendable. They also pay attention to the small details. I recall a morning where I went out for a run before breakfast. The lady who opened the entrance door smiled and asked how was my run after I finished running and to take care not to catch a cold as weather was cool after rain the night before. I have done similar jogging before breakfast in other hotels. But none of them have ever showed that care and concern. This goes an extra mile to make customers feel valued and happy. The counter staff are well-versed on the area too. They are able to recommend me good areas for sightseeing, shopping and even the sport stadium to play tennis.
2. There is a nice scent in the hotel. I feel peace whenever I enter the hotel and smell the scent. Most top hotels don't do go to that extra mile to please the customers. It may be a small gesture, but it really means a lot to customer satisfaction.
3. The hotel is connected to a posh shopping centre with brands like DKNY and Armani. But there are also pleasant eateries like Papa John Pizza, Starbucks and Haagen Dazs. One of my favourite late afternoon pleasure is to read a book and drink coffee at Starbucks. I also had a good meal at Papa John Pizza. Full marks for well thought planning of hotel shops.
4. I enjoyed the area surrounding the hotel too. A short 5 to 8 mins walk will bring you to a row of tea shops. As there is a whole row of shops selling tea, prices are competitive and quality is good. I bought quite a few packs of tea there back to Singapore. Further down is a KFC which is a good budget dining area. The area around the hotel is also safe. I will wake up every morning to jog around the hotel and I did not encounter any unpleasant or safe moments. Xiamen is a safe city but the hotel should also be credited for building a safe environment.
5. The room was clean and it has international cable channels. This is highly appreciated for international travellers like myself who prefer English channels.
6. Pricing is competitive. The prices are comparable or slightly cheaper than some other top hotels in the area. More importantly the online booking website is easy to use and informative compared to some international brands.
1. There are 2 gyms in the hotel. One is a hotel gym and the other is a paid fitness centre in Paragon. As someone new to Xiamen and the hotel, I was unaware there are 2 gyms and went to the paid one and paid one day use of the gym, not knowing there is another free one. Perhaps the staff might want to inform customers at check in that there are 2 gyms. Cause some customers may not know and will go to the wrong gym and end up paying.
Other than this, I am very happy with Crowne Plaza Paragon Xiamen and it is my favourite hotel in China. Crowne Plaza is hence a brand I will always look for whenever I am overseas and need a hotel. It has not disappoint so far based on my experience in Crowne Plaza Changi Airport Singapore too. I look forward to my Crowne Plaza Kunming stay later in September this year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Paragon Xiamen is located in the geometric center of Xiamen, which is sitting at Lianban interchange. It is assured most convenient point to island and the surrounding area. Hotel is only 8 minutes driving from High-speed Railway Station (Xiamen Railway Station), 20 minutes driving from airport, exhibition center, Nanputuo Temple, Gulangyu Ferry, Golf court, Xiang'an tunnel. Located in Paragon commercial district, the International luxury brand, domestic brand, Bona Cinema and Utopz supermarket are close at hand. The exclusive Garden Restaurant sweeps up a variety of cuisine, such as Starbucks, Haagen-Dazs, Xuliushan, Grace dishes. The surrounding encompasses a wide range of Xiamen popular restaurants. Within 5 minutes walking distance to Mingfa Commercial Plaza, KTV, IMAX, Video Game Center, Ferris Wheel and other recreational activities become the best choice to spend leisure time. Besides providing the usual comforts in 327 luxurious rooms and suites, the pillar-free Grand Ballroom-which is over 1, 000 sqm and a soaring 6.8 m high and the other eight meeting rooms can accommodate from 10 up to 1000 persons. Above Café provides different theme everyday by local specialties. Chinese Restaurant provides Teochew cuisine and local seafood. The Royal Bar is the perfect place to enjoy cocktails, wines and other favorites. All you featuring are a perfect venue to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Paragon Xiamen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Xiamen