$102
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewscomfortable staystayed herepillowspropertyreceptionchina
Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

First room smelt smoke and they moved us to different room
The room was too warm at night. It felt like the hotel turned off the A/C after 1 or 2 am. Tried to adjust the setting from the thermostat but won’t work. The hotel employee couldn’t do it either.
The rest room was pretty dirty. The shower wall turned yellowish.
The cleaning lady didn’t clean our room. She was just tidying up the bedsheets and comforters. We had to call them back and they came back to vacuum and cleaned restroom as well.
I was going to use the swimming pool and the manager said that i couldn’t swim unless i had my hat on. However I didn’t bring my swim hat. The manager said “You could buy it from us but it was really expensive “ . I decided to return to room. I called fhe guest service to complain. They said they could actually lend a hat to me without paying. I was confuse. If they could lend it to customer, why they didn’t offer at first time.
There were also illegal taxi driver went inside the hotels and asked if we wanted a ride. I had never experienced 4 stars hotel that allow illegal taxi driver to come inside.
I supposed to stay there for 4 days but decided to leave after 2 nd day.
The positive thing was the breakfast buffet was great.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
GeorgeQiao, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fuzhou Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Dear guest, thank you for your detailed feedback! We the service team feel very sorry to hear your unpleasant story in our hotel. Regarding all the issues including facilities and services, please have our commitment of putting your concern and feeling in top priority, we will seriously look into this case and take any necessary remedy action. Our Guest Service Manager will be very happy to keep you posted on our progress, and we are quite looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. Hotel service team.

Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

Very new hotel in Fuzhou.
Spectacular lobby, and spacious and very modern decoration in the rooms. We felt very comfortable during our stay.
Buffet restaurant is also really good.
I will come back for sure to this hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
GeorgeQiao, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fuzhou Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2018

Dear guest, thanks for your good comments and recommendation on our hotel. Welcome back to stay with us when your next visit in Fuzhou. Hotel service team.

Reviewed April 13, 2018 via mobile

Just stayed here one night and arrived late and left early. Was decent and not too expensive. Room was fine, liked the rub because it had a pillow so got a much needed soak. Did not find and bath salts though which would have added to the experience. Also one odd thing is that they did not offer any complimentary water. Just one for 25rmb and one for 86rmb. Never experienced that in China before. Breakfast buffet was adequate but some of the selections were a bit cold, maybe because I was the first customer of the day. Overall was fine but was not made to feel especially welcome. It’s convenient to my supplier’s office in JinShan and it’s the best nearby so will give it another try next time.

Stayed: April 2018
GeorgeQiao, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fuzhou Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2018

Dear guest, thanks for your kind comments and suggestion on our hotel. Regarding the issues you mentioned, we will double check and improve immediately. Welcome back to stay with us when your next visit in Fuzhou. Hotel service team.

Reviewed November 7, 2017 via mobile

As a spire elite member I was upgraded to a rather bigger room although it was very small still. The room had this particular smell not so good for the senses. The bathroom wasn’t cleaned. The restaurant by the lobby took half an hour to prepare a salad we ordered a la carte. I would look for a different hotel!

Stayed: November 2017
GeorgeQiao, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fuzhou Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2017

Dear guest, we feel very sorry and quite concern about your unpleasant stay at our hotel, hotel Guest Service Manager will contact you if you are fine to understand more detail of your experience so that we can take immediate remedy action. To deliver the true hospitality is our commitment and please rest assure we will try the best to make it a great one for you in your next stay. Kind regards, Hotel service team.

Reviewed November 2, 2017

Spacious room overlooking the Min river. Comfortable bed but the pillows were flat and hard but I still manage to get a good sleep during my stay. Wide range of breakfast items catering mainly to travelers from other parts of China. The only inconvenience is the lack of tea spoons to stir coffee (long stirrers were given) as well as to eat yogurt from a cup (straws were given) though the staff brought me a teaspoon every morning. Front desk staff are generally helpful but the service standards can be better.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
GeorgeQiao, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fuzhou Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2017

Dear guest, thanks for your staying with us and we are happy to see that you are satisfied with the river view, bed, and breakfast, and glad to let you know we have pillow menu at table side to add comfort. We will look into the tea spoon issue and try to improve Front Desk service. Welcome back to Fuzhou and stay with us again. Hotel service team.