$102
$61
$45
$84
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $100/night.

$87
$78
$67
$64
$64
$53
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbreakfast buffeta great stayclub floorsubway stationfloor to ceiling windowsthe executive loungeroom conditionnice viewchinese restaurantexcellent hotelswimming poolbusiness tripchinaluxuryenglishmsgym
Reviewed March 2, 2018 via mobile

I stayed only 1 night at this hotel, and wished to stay more nights. The bedroom was so comfortable and elegant, that will never forget it.
They also have a high amenities items. Breakfast is huge and delicious. Definitely is a great hotel, and am sure you will not forget staying there.
Ps: for non Chinese speakers, be aware that the barely speak English.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Stella L, Manager at InterContinental Fuzhou, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2018

Dear Suelenmorais,

We would like to thank you for choosing the InterContinental Fuzhou and for taking the time to share with us your valuable comments with us.

We are pleased to see that everything went well during your stays among us. Also thank you for your kind suggestions, we hope to welcome you again very shortly.

Reviewed February 19, 2018

I had a business trip to Fuzhou by end January and stayed in InterContinental Fuzhou for two nights.

I stayed in a 70 sqm Executive Room which was spacious and elegantly desgined. It had a large bathroom with a separated toilet, shower room and was equipped with a full-sized island bath tub, a bench, two water basins and much storage space for my personal items.

The sitting room featured a round table which was large enough for fitting 4 persons working together, a 3-seater sofa plus two armchairs and a large oval shaped coffee table. The facilities and setup in this sitting room allowed me to conduct some private meetings with my business associates in my own room; it was convenient and time saving.

The Hotel is located within few minutes walking from the Chating Subway Station from there it is only 7 stops to Fuzhou Railway Station for taking the intercity high speed trains. As the traffic in Fuzhou is quite terrible during the rush hours so this Hotel is a preferred choice for those travellers who take a high speed train for their travel. It is an hour drive to the Changle Airport it is the same for all the hotels located in the city centre.

I had a dinner in the Fortune Mansion Chinese Restaurant which offers a fusion menu covering both the local Fujianese food and the Cantonese food with extensive choices of seafood. It was a great dinner. Not only the quality of food, the taste and the presentation of dish were all awesome, the portion of each dish was quite large. However there is much room for improvements on the breakfast at the Stage Restaurant. The seating was not comfortable and the services were certainly not up to InterContinental standards. I came to the cooking station requesting for an omelet and informing the cook what ingredients to be included in my omelet. His phone was rang up and the cook stopped the food preparations and picked up the call. He then walked away to continue his phone call. I had to wait for over 5 minutes for him to come back for resuming the cooking. Most of the hot dishes featured in the breakfast were not warmed up properly particularly the congees. Unexpectedly the Restaurant did not offer custom brewed tea. The guests could only had tea from the pre-brewed glass teapot.

The services from the front desk and the concierge desk were extremely excellent. InterContinental Fuzhou is located in the tallest building in Fuzhou and the guest rooms are spacious and well designed it is strange that its front desk and the lobby bar is packed in a small area. It is the smallest front desk of all the InterContinental Hotels I ever stayed.

Overall it was an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Stay at high floor zone
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
Stella L, Manager at InterContinental Fuzhou, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2018

Dear Chi Hung Jimmy W,

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful review of our hotel!

Your compliments have been shared with the team and we are grateful for your kind words! Rest assured your comment regarding the breakfast is being looked into.

As hoteliers, we take great pride in guest satisfaction and I look forward to welcoming you again at our hotel!

Reviewed January 3, 2018

We had 4 nights here on our recent travels. Good location with the metro next door, some nice nearby restaurants and the city square not too far away. The room was very large with a large comfortable bed. We had booked a No Smoking Room but we both felt that there was a lingering smoke smell. Also very disappointing to have to wait until 4.30pm for a checkin with no real explanation. The swimming pool and gym were both very good. Breakfast was just OK. The staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Stella L, Manager at InterContinental Fuzhou, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with comments about your recent
stay. We are pleased to read your stay experience, and your suggestion is very important to us.

As you said, our hotel is located at Taijiang District, in the heart of Fuzhou, where it is near the metro Chating Station, the excellent location and unique architectural style make the hotel a great landmark venue in Fuzhou. Our hotel 's beds are all using the British Royal brand—— Slumberland,just for guests to provide good quality sleep and good experience.

Once again, thank you for your appreciation regrading the location, guestroom, swimming pool & gym and our staff. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We look forward for your coming back, so we can show you our true level of service.

Reviewed December 27, 2017

I spent my Christmas holiday in this hotel, which was, honestly speaking, out of my expectation. Being stayed at intercontinental brand for the recent travel in many countries, this should be the second best intercontinental I had ever been during these two months, except London Park Lane is still better.

Recognized as Spire Elite Member, hotel offered me Club Lounge access which fulfilled my breakfast need. They also provided a CNY$120 voucher for food and drinks in case you are not fed up. Originally got upgraded to Club floor but the room was not ready yet, instead they give me a normal superior room and claimed that they are literally the same, which was curious.

People are polite in the hotel, except the food is fair, could have been done better.

A long way to go for improvement but the stay is already good for me, at least better than most of the same brand hotel in Europe.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
Stella L, Manager at InterContinental Fuzhou, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2017

Dear lth7366

Thank you so much for taking time to provide us with comments about your stay at InterContinental Fuzhou.

We are pleased to read your stay experience, and your suggestion is very important to us. We appreciate to hear that our service is recognized by you, which is the best award for us. Thank you for your support and trust for the InterContinental brand, and we will also continue to strive further to enhance the quality of service and quality, and provide for you and each guest to provide even better service.

Once again, thank you for your review and high marks, we forward to and welcome your next stay with us, sincerely.

Reviewed November 23, 2017

This is the most terrible stay which i lived in Fuzhou. Guest room is not very clean that I got dirt on my feet. What's more , air could not circulate in my room. It feels terrible to my heart. GYM is not so well, they do not have Elliptical trainer. Facilities are too old in the gym house. Just a few of facilities for core muscle training. And there is a strange lady dancing queerly there. Shampoo and Body wash is different between guest rooms and GYM. Guest room's is better. If you want to have a bath in the shower room of GYM house ,Please bring your Shampoo and Body wash from your guest room. Lobby is the smallest one which i have stayed in all the Intercontinental.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Stella L, Manager at InterContinental Fuzhou, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2017

Dear Stella L

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel.

We have to say sorry for the less than pleasant experience during your this time of stay.

We always appreciate our guests' feedback and it is really regrettable that we have failed to meet your expectations in particularly in room and GYM facility.

Your constructed feedback has been shared with our team. We have taken special note of your comments on the service, the service you mentioned is not acceptable, we will investigate it and solve it as soon as possible in order to ensure we consistently deliver a personal and memorable experience for our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future.