All reviews business trip spg hotels comfortable beds house keeping chinese food night stay convenient location buffet breakfast wanda river mall english level supermarket
Reviewed February 1, 2018 via mobile

Overall this was a good 1 night stay. The room was comfortable but stayed very warm and no open window option (22C in room all night). Lounge was large but shockingly didn't offer water bottles. Wifi worked well.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Marcom E, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Fuzhou Minjiang, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2018

Dear guest, thank you very much for choosing our hotel, the Westin Fuzhou Minjiang. In addition, in respond to your feedback, we'll pay more attention to the temperature control in room and bottled water supply. Actually, we value your comments and plase accept our appreciation for your feedback. Once again, we sincerely look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

I visited the hotel yesterday evening. On arrival the staff was very friendly and worm. WiFi and internet connection is not very stable in China government rules no whatsapp allowed. The hotel decor very current and clean. Great views of the river from the 15th and 7th floors. Breakfast has a variety of Chinese food. As a healthy eater I appreciated the freshly squeezed cucumber juice and fresh fruit.

Date of stay: January 2018
Marcom E, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Fuzhou Minjiang, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2018

Dear guest, thank you very much for choosing our hotel, the Westin Fuzhou Minjiang. We're so glad to get your reward for our service and hotel décor. Our hotel is near the Minjiang River where you can enjoy beautiful and splendid night scene. At the same time, we provide healthy and palatable food for the guests. Once again, thank you for your comment and we're looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 8, 2018

Stayed there again with my wife and son for 4 nights and we came to Fuzhou for a short break.

We have the lounge access however this particularly lounge is below average and not many food choices offered. Also the coffee offered in the lounge was dreadful. Surprisingly some staff in the lounge were very helpful and we met Hedi (Wang Guomei) who was very attentive and helpful.

The gym was not too bad and they had a decent pool. However why they always kept the window in the poll areas while outside temperature was only about 15 degrees. Also we can see a lot of cigarette buts in the corridor of my floor i.e 20th , when I complained to the staff on duty at the lounge and they just seems it was common for people to smoke in the hotel

Overall I think this time was better than last time. This hotel has a kind of decent hardware but software need to be improved a lot.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Marcom E, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Fuzhou Minjiang, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2018

Please accept our sincere apology for the unpleasant experienced you have encountered during your recent visit to Fuzhou.
I fully understand your frustrations on your experience on the service, lounge food offer, and swimming pool. Our colleague didn’t show initiative and hospitality when you met the problems . Your valuable feedback is very important to us, I have shared your feedback with hotel management for review and corrective actions. As to avoid the reoccurrence of similar incidents in the future, we will pay more attention to the no-smoking rule and strengthen the training to our staff.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and we are always welcome your next visit to witness our improvement.

Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

I stayed in this ‘strange’ Westin-branded property for a quick get back together weekend with my families. We booked two rooms under the Lifetime Platinum status account; yet, the privileges of Platinum could only apply to one room. Of all the Westin hotels we had stayed in mainland China (and those in other countries in Asia and the US) such as Westin Bund Shanghai, Westin Xi’an, and Westin Xiamen where we booked similarly two rooms under the same Platinum account, this Westin Fuzhou is the first and the only one that insisted on not applying the platinum privileges to the second room. This is why I used the word ‘strange’. Please don’t get me wrong: It’s not just about they failed to acknowledge a Platinum benefit (i.e. we just needed the free breakfast, not the lounge access) to the second room when other Westin hotels where we had stayed in mainland China (and worldwide) were able to honor without we having to say anything. Rather, the front desk staff communicated the message to us in a very rude and unprofessional manner as if we never stayed at any Westin property and they needed to ‘educate’ us about the rules. Perhaps, we met the ‘wrong’ staff working at midnight when we had a late check-in? We requested to talk to the manager; yet, all we were able to talk to the following day was his/her messenger - again, an interesting way to handle the matter. We will probably never go to Fuzhou again and absolutely NEVER to this Westin Fuzhou. So for those SPG elite members who are booking holiday trips for families needing more than one room: please reconsider or at least email the hotel in advance to confirm the proper application of your eligible benefits.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Marcom E, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Fuzhou Minjiang, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Dear guest, thank you very much for choosing our hotel, the Westin Fuzhou Minjiang. We are sorry to hear your feedback and it is regretted that you are not satisfied this time. We have upgraded room for Platinum member and offered two breakfast according to SPG benefits, however the other room will be based on the rate with breakfast or not. In addition, we will strengthen training for our staff to provide all the guests with better service. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we are always welcome your next visit.

Reviewed December 15, 2017

Others have noted that the Westin Fuzhou has the appearance of a 5 star luxury hotel, but fails to deliver. This has also been my experience during a one night stay.
The hotel itself is beautiful—nice rooms, bay windows with view, good bathroom and outfittings. Some things fall short, like having mugs, tea and coffee but no spoons or stirrers but these are easily overlooked. I had two sub par experiences.
The hotel info book states that the westin workout is 24 hours and includes a swimming pool. Clearly the pool is not 24 hours, but I thought the gym would be the normal practice where you use room card to access on the off-hours. I went down before 6 am, it was pitch black and locked, so I had to go downstairs, summon the manager, who then came with me, found it locked, and then started shouting for the staff. Finally she came out of the locker room, searched for five minutes for the right key on a keyring holding around 60 keys, and then opened it, switched on the lights etc.

I then asked when the pool would open, she said 6:30, and asked whether I wanted to use it. I said yes. Shortly after 6 I saw someone already in the pool – it was the staff person herself! By the time I finished working out and was ready for the pool, she had already showered and was padding around the locker room as if she owned it. Ten years ago, perhaps this would be standard practice in mainland hotels, but I noticed over the years, especially in the large cities, the practice of staff taking full advantage of the facilities and basically ignoring the guests, had been eradicated. I guess it still lives on in Fuzhou!

The 2nd problem I had was that I ordered a breakfast using the doorknob menu, and it was delivered several minutes late, and moreover they inflated the price on the menu by around 30%. When I questioned the waiter, he said it was for “service charge”; knowing I would get nowhere with him, I signed it and then asked at checkout. They had to find the restaurant manager, query him, he acknowledged that he rang it up wrong, and rectified the charge on my bill. With all their systems computerized, I wondered why he would key in the correct menu item but then change the price to something higher. He didn’t even come out to apologize.

There are plenty of five star hotels at the same price point in Fuzhou, and with the experience I had, I won’t be back…

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Marcom E, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Fuzhou Minjiang, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2017

Firstly, please accept our sincere apology for the unpleasant experienced you have encountered during your recent visit to Fuzhou. We appreciate your honest feedback and have looked at it seriously.
I fully understand your frustrations on your experience on the Fitness Center and Breakfast Billing. Your valuable feedback is very important to us, I have shared your feedback with hotel management for review and corrective actions, as to avoid the re-occurrence of similar incidents in the future. We will train hotel staff to follow service stander strictly and check hotel system to make sure it works well.
We appreciate and would like to thank you for being our loyal guest but regrettably, during your recent stay we have fallen short of expectations to serve you to utmost satisfaction. I hope that you would give us another opportunity to serve you once again in the near future.