All reviews the main house log cabin wood burning torres del paine chilli speak excellent wished we could have stayed longer chilean sea bass rental car week trip other guests fresh fruit mauricio woods hosts sauna airport
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Thank you Pamela and Louis, it was a great pleasure staying at La Casa Escondida.

The handbuilt log home and the property it sits on were beautiful, and rooms were warm, bright and comfortable, and the dinner that Louis prepared was delicious. However the best thing about our experience was that Pamela and Louis went the extra mile to make sure that we got off to a great start on our trip. Pamela picked us up from the airport (we were delayed in Santiago), organized tickets for the penguin trip to Isla Magdalena, and bus tickets to Puerto Natales. Then helped with last minute shopping (I lost an important bit of gear on the flight), driving us to pick up the tickets. They helped wake us up and Louis made us delicious scrambled eggs breakfast at the last minute at 6 am, and again dropped us off and picked us up for our Penguin excursion and the bus trip towards Torres Del Paine.

And all that in one day and night. I wish we could have stayed a bit longer, but it couldn't have been a better welcome.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Our flight was late, putting us past midnight. Nevertheless Mauricio from Casa Escondida was waiting with my name on a large paper. Then of course our baggage was lost. Not getting it took another hour. Mauricio patiently waited and then took us to Casa Escondida. He brought us back to the airport in the morning to retrieve our baggage. What could have been a disaster for the first day of a 3 week trekking vacation was averted! A little later Pamela was kind enough to allow us to join her on a trip to the grocery store. The hostel is located near the airport in a quiet forest. It is a unique wood building with a large living room where guests can share stories. The breakfast was great. I had hoped to return on our last day to have dinner. Unfortunately the bus schedule did not allow that. I would gladly return on my next trip.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

The place is very clean and cozy, a very welcoming feeling. The hosts are wonderful and go extra mile to help us to track down our delayed luggage, to get us bus tickets to Puerto Natales and took us to the store to get food and camping fuel for our Torre De Plaine circuit. I highly recommend La Casa Escondida.

Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I love this place. It seems my B&B's in Patagonia are all fantastic!

Luis and Pamela are the owners and they really put their heart into the place. The cabins are beautiful and clean, breakfast is the best I had in my three week trip (the salami Luis uses in the omelette is just tasty!)

Luis promptly picked me up at the airport with all smiles even at 10pm! A far cry from my hotel in Easter Island (see my review on Tupa Hotel). The place is set in a beautiful forest. It's not close to town but I've been there and there's nothing much. Your time is better spent enjoying nature and tranquility.

Wifi is great so are the shower and heating!

Nothing to fault at all!

Pire Mapu in Puerto Natales and La Casa Escondida in Punta Arenas is the Patagonia combo to beat! I wish I stayed longer in both places!

Great place and fantastic value! Not to mention superior service :)

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We really really enjoyed our stay at La Casa Escondida. The hosts are so kind and helpful! The breakfast is good. We also had a wonderful dinner that Luis cooked (una parilla!). We were there with our kids. They enjoyed the playground and the fresh air! They were feeling like home. The cabin was clean and we slept well.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family