“Fantastic hospitality, incredibly comfortable and clean, aboslutely affordable.”
Review of Ilaia Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Punta Arenas
Ilaia Hotel
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Punta Arenas
Reviewed April 14, 2011

The rest of the reviews on Trip Advisor are absolutely correct about this place. All of the staff was incredibly helpful, which was particularly useful when our baggage was delayed and we needed to extend our checkout time to utilize their internet. The rooms were clean and comfortable, it was easy to walk to any restaurants or the harbor from the hotel, and it was an overall welcoming and calm place. We stayed at the beginning and end of our trip to Torres National Park. I can't imagine a better place in Punta Arenas. The value for the price was unbelievable as well.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 14, 2011

Ilaia is an absolute gem. We are travelling around the world for 5 months and although we only stayed at Ilaia for 1 night, we will remember it for a very long time. They get everything right, starting with the welcoming factor, so warm and kind and willing tom help. The newly redone building is very interesting architecturally, the rooms very tasteful in a simple way. The breakfast original and delicious. And the personal attention is just so rare to find. Absolutely loved it and wish there were more special places like this in the world, especially at this price point. We have 2 young children ( 2 and 5) and the family room was very comfortable, with a semi separate area between the double bed and the single beds.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank BozAround
Reviewed April 6, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Ilaia in March of this year after returning from a long backpacking trip in Torres del Paine. Unlike most hotels in Punta Arenas, Hotel Ilaia is very modern. While furnishings are a bit austere and minimalist, there is warm natural wood throughout the hotel and rooms and plenty of light. The hotel is quite small--8 rooms, I think, but has everything you need. Nice hotel showers, a good bed, plenty of space in the rooms, wifi, and a great, healthy breakfast. They also have 2 laptops available for guest use and a really lovely reading room on the top floor that is completely enclosed with glass for great views. The women who work there are all lovely and very friendly and helpful. It is definitely a warm, personal, and inviting atmosphere without being pushy or invasive of your privacy. The only disappointment was that they did not have yoga classes during the days that I was there. The English of the staff was very limited, which was not a problem for me, but I did end up helping interpret for some of the other guests. On our last day they introduced us to a new staff member who did speak some English, so it is something they are working on.

Room Tip: Just ask to see available rooms when you arrive.
1  Thank Nonprofit business traveler
Reviewed March 29, 2011

This little hotel is really awesome! Its modern architecture is very well complemented with the minimalist decoration with reminiscences of the local ethnic culture: the Selk’nam or Onas, I loved that combination! It is also very well located with a nice view from its third-floor-panoramic living room along with the soothing ambiance with the relaxing music everywhere. The “icing on the cake”: the attention. Juanita, Lorena and the rest of the group make you feel like family, they’re so friendly and always smiling and willing to help you during your stay in Punta Arenas, giving you recommendations from day tours to nice restaurants to go. I recommend this hidden gem; I certainly would go back there.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2011

This is an amazing hotel and I absolutely recommend it. The rooms are small but adequate. Everything is absolutely clean. The bathrooms are tiled throughout, the water pressure insane. A wonderful, spa like feel, especially after a week of hiking. Did I mention this place is super clean? More so than any other place I have been to in Chile and elsewhere. The breakfast is wonderful, including homemade jam, fresh orange juice and fresh avocados.
You can walk to two major bus carriers within <10 minutes.
The staff are beyond friendly. The hotel responds quickly to emails. They arranged all our transportation to and from airport (a guy was waiting with our name on a sign) and helped us with all our questions. Our luggage was stored for us for a week and delivered to our room upon return. I was very impressed and will recommend this hotel to people I know who travel through Punta Arenas frequently. I had wondered why reviews were so ga-ga, if you travel in Chile and stay here, you will know why. I recommend this place without reservation.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2011

My Wife and I stayed at Ilaia on the last evening of our three week Patagonia trip and this was the best place of lodging that we had spent time in. To be honest, in general, I like the Yoga/Earthy vibe. However, sometimes the Yoga/Earthy vibe can be too "in your face" and just plain weird/awkward and I was wondering what I would find at Ilaia as the website advertises "Laughter Yoga" and "Dancing into the light". I was very happy to find that the hotel has a great, positive feeling to it, but isn't "way out there". The staff is really helpful, friendly and well informed. The breakfast was great and the roof-top glass room is a real treat with the morning sunrise over the city. My Wife and I were celebrating our honeymoon and I had mentioned that in an email to Jaunita. When we arrived in our room, there were fresh roses in a vase, rose petals in the shape of a heart on the bed, heart soaps in the bathroom and a heart-shaped mobile hanging from the ceiling. Looking at the other TripaAdvisor reviews, I don't see mention of rose petals on the bed, so they must have gone out of their way to give us something special. When we were outside waiting for our taxi, the owner came outside and gave us a personal thank you and farewell. The Ilaia is really a gem in Punta Arenas.

Room Tip: At sunrise, visit the roof-top glass room.
Reviewed March 20, 2011

The staff at the Hotel Ilaia were among the most tremendous service providers I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Not only is the hotel beautiful, warm, comfortable, inviting and spotlessly clean, but the staff is -- to a person -- helpful above and beyond the call of duty. My wife and I used the hotel and Punta Arenas as the jumping off point for a trek in Torres del Paine. When the airline lost our luggage, which contained all of our camping equipment, the Ilaia staff took it upon themselves to track it down. Over the course of two and a half days they placed countless calls and made trips to the airport, without our even asking, in attempts to track it down. Thanks to their hard effort, we got our bag back with all of its contents. In the mean time, we had a wonderful stay at the hotel. The hotel serves a delicious breakfast,and they are quick with recommendations for restaurants that were all wonderful and for sight-seeing opportunities that we had not planned upon but really enjoyed. I simply cannot recommend this hotel enough. Do yourself a favor and stay here for as long as you are in Punta Arenas. Thanks, Hotel Ilaia.