“seafood good”

Ranked #58 of 175 Restaurants in Punta Arenas
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2012

went there to try local food. tried 4 different appetizer instead of a main course and was not disappointed, but the ceviche was very salty. not expensive.

There are newer reviews for Sabores Restaurant

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Was in Punta Arenas for one day and asked locals for a good restaurant. Guided me
towards Sabores and was excellent move. Staff very friendly, clean place, good prices, and
wonderful, local food. English not spoken and I didn't know Spanish but still managed to
make a good choice. Had grilled filet of beef with red pepper, cream and garlic sauce,
served with sliced (round) french fries. Beef was delicious, cooked to perfection and tender. Centrally located. Walked from my hotel, the Patagonia Pionera-about eight blocks.
(This is a genuine review as I am a world traveler.)

Reviewed February 8, 2012

Last January we had a late night diner on a Sunday evening in this restaurant. It has a very colorful interior, and welcome was warm. We chose steak (lomo) for mains, which was good but nothing extraordinary. This restaurant for sure has not stolen its name because the cooking resulted in very strong flavors, especially in the Creole Style preparation of my steak, which was literally loaden with garlic. I like garlic a lot, but can imagine that this amount is not for everyone ! Nice selection of Chilean wines on the menu, though our friendly waitress struggled opening our bottle (her first attempt to open one). This place is a good/OK solution if you find other places closed, like we did that Sunday evening.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

We were famished, but had a great late lunch here. The congrio was better in Santiago, but the King Crab in parmesan was great. Chicken was so so, prices were better than the gringo places closer to the Casino. We met a local lawyer there and LOVED talking with him ...the locals seem to love this place. Always a good sign.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

Food prepared here is heavily Italian based. It is a local restaurant which is a plus for me. Everything I had was delicious and reasonably priced with one exception. The ceviche was a disappointment, too salty and I would not eat again.