“wonderful atmosphere”
Review of La Estancia

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Punta Arenas
La Estancia
Reviewed January 15, 2013

The owner ensures that your stay here is the best it can be. The hostel is comfy, the rooms well equipped and the services awesome. From breakfast to recommendations of what is available, everything is provided. I would recommend this hostel to anyone looking for comfort and advise in the wonderful world of Patagonia

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in a 4 person dorm downstairs. It had big single beds with comfy duvets and blankets. It was the best nights sleep ive had in a very long time! The hostel is like a big family home, it has a large modern lounge/dining area, a nice sized kitchen and 2 bathrooms upstairs. It was quite cold at night - thus the blanket & duvet! but the rooms have heaters to help warm them up, there is a big heater on the landing upstairs and the cooker in the kitchen radiates warmth too. The computers are slow but if you have your own device the wifi is very fast. The breakfast is really good, the best we have had in a hostel so far. You are served warm bread rolls, scrambled eggs, jam, tea, coffee and cookies!!! delish! The couple who own the hostel are very nice and provide advise on any activities or transfers you need. The hostal is very well situated - only 2 blocks from a huge supermarket, 3 blocks from the beach and maybe 5 blocks from the town centre. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I actually did not stay at this hostel during my trip, but I friend of mine did. My baggage got lost on my flight down and, despite not being a guest there, the owner offered without hesitation to call the airport and help me retrieve it, a process that would have undoubtedly been long and frustrating to attempt myself. I spoke very little Spanish, so his kindness really saved me. It was a great first impression of Chilean hospitality, and I would definitely considered staying here next time around.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Simple but decent rooms with good beds. The shared bathrooms are clean. Good breakfast is included. Good location close to shops, restaurants and only a few minutes walk from the central square. During my stay the host were always available and willing to give advice about where to go and that to do.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 25, 2012

It is quite a long time ago since I stayed at "La Estancia" but I have not wrote a review yet.
But it is absolutely worth is staying there!
I make it short:

++ exzellent communication with the host and his family before and during the stay.
( I arrived a couple of days later caused by the strike of the flight controllers in Madrid Dec 2010, was no problem for the host! Excellent!)
+ warm atmosphere and very friendly
+ english speaking host (sorry I do not speak spanish)
+ real coffee (which is very positive) and very good breakfast
+ supported me in organising other B&B's and also bus travels.
+ good location in Punta Arenas, everything important is in walking distance

I can not choose the travel timne from the drop down menu, but I stayed there in Dec 2010 and also in January 2011

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 1, 2012

My dad and I stayed at La Estancia 3 separate times and were impressed each time. Alejandro and Carmen are fantastic hosts with lots of insider information about Torres del Paine and other hiking and traveling in the area. They helped us before our hike, and provided advice on what to do in Patagonia after we had finished the circuit. Rooms and bathrooms were spotless, breakfast was delicious, beds were comfortable, and these two really went out of their way to ensure we had a good stay in Punta Arenas. I could recommend La Estancia to anybody traveling to Punta Arenas without hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Good central location. We had a private room with bathroom and it was fantastic value! Really clean, good shower, really comfortable bed and free satellite tv. The best part was the service. On arrival I realized I ha stupidly left my handbag in the taxi with my wallet containing about $400 and iPhone. The owner Alejandro called taxi companies for us even though he knew this wouldn't help because it was private taxis that work from the bus stations. When that failed he drove my husband to the bus station at 11pm at night and asked other bus driver if they knew who the taxi driver may have been based on description. One driver thought he knew our driver from the description and Alejandro drove to his house and knocked on the door to no avail. Alejandro then offered to drive my husband to the house again early in the morning but it turned out that it wasn't our driver. We flew onto another city that day but due to Alejandro talking to the drivers the night before the taxi driver was found and returned my bag late that day. Alejandro arranged for it to be shipped to us. It only had about $140 in the wallet which I told Alejandro to keep for the postage and his help. We were just so grateful to get the phone an credit card back. You never know what might happen when you re travelling overseas in a country where you don't speak the native language and it's reassuring to stay somewhere where the owners are so willing to help when something goes wrong.

• Stayed: April 2012