“trouble with reservations”
Review of Big Bang Patagonia

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Natales
Big Bang Patagonia
Ranked #12 of 48 Puerto Natales B&B and Inns
Cambridge
“trouble with reservations”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were planning to stay here before and after the W trek. The first time I contacted them for a reservation, I got no reply. The second time, they confirmed the reservation, but upon arrival there was no record of this. Maybe they recorded the reservation for erratic rock 1, even though I clearly indicated on the reservation form that we were making the reservation for erratic rock 2.

We ended up staying the first night anyways since they had a room available. It was comfortable enough but nothing special (though the bathtub might have been nice after the hike - most other places have only shower). More like a truckstop motel than a bed & breakfast. We wanted to sleep in a little before the hike so we got to breakfast near the end of the designated time range - the eggs had been left out that whole time so were cold and gross.

We moved to Hostal Amerindia for the second night, and liked everything about it (rooms, location, breakfast, service) much better.

8 Thank LlamaTurnip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We, like everybody else, stayed here the night before and the night after our trek in Torres del Paine. They have a great breakfast, scrambled eggs, salami, cheese, yogurt, cereal, home-made bread, fruits, coffee/tea. The rooms are simple but very clean and comfortable. We had room 4 and 3 (1st night and last night) and wifi didn't work in both rooms. They do have a computer in the lobby area you can use for free. People leave half empty cans of fuel in the lobby area so if you forget to buy fuel it seems that they always have some. We saw at least 4-5 of them sitting around both times. It's maybe a 5-10 minute walk to the center of town where they have a big grocery store, banks, junk shops, and restaurants. We enjoyed a fabulous meal at Angelica's after our trek. One more thing, if you pay in Chilean pesos, they give you a slight discount :) great stay!

Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This was the perfect spot for our night before and after Torres del Paine. It's described as a "hostel for couples" which I believe is pretty accurate. It really has everything you need; we had a nice room with a bathroom, no frills, but very comfortable. The bus to take you to Torres del Paine will literally pick you up from the hotel, which is great, and even better, we could leave our extra luggage in their storage room which we picked up after the hike. The rooms weren't very soundproof (we had some loud people next door on the first night) and the wi-fi doesn't work much further than the common area, but overall, I was very happy to stay there. And after the tents and refugios in Torres del Paine, coming back to a private room with a clean, non-muddy bathroom was such a great feeling!

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Nice place: clean, quiet, attentive and friendly staff, great breakfast, excellent value. A little less social attmosphere than the original Erratic Rock I, but still recommended. Note: Wireless/WiFi does not work in rooms towards the back of the complex.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My stay here was meant to be. I had actually booked Hostal Shakana, but when I turned up, they had no record of my booking and were basically very unhelpful. I walked down to Erratic Rock where a friendly and helpful staff member suggested Erratic Rock 2 and I'm so pleased she did. Erratic Rock 2 is really comfortable with enough space in the room to organise your pack before and after hiking. They are happy to store your luggage whilst you go off hiking, and on your return, you have the anticipation of a heavenly hot shower.

Breakfasts were plentiful and tasty. Wifi didn't work at all the first time I stayed but had been fixed by the time I returned a few days later and then worked really well.

If you are looking for comfortable and clean accommodation pre and post hiking, I can definitely recommend Erratic Rock 2. Oh, it is a little walk from the centre of town, but after the hiking you are about to do or have just done, it is nothing!

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
princeton
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We mistakenly went to Erratic Rock I first, a hostel. They directed us to the right place and one of the men actually walked with us part of the way. One of the reception persons was particularly helpful when we had questions. Another did not seem to understand the idea of a wake up call.
All in all a perfectly nice place to stay around the exploration of Torres del Paine, and reasonably priced. they had a nice little dining area with cereal, fruit, good eggs, yogurt, sweet rolls, coffee, and tea for breakfast. A small area for the shower inside a high sided tub - be careful. The bed was comfortable and the lighting ok. We were never able to connect with the wifi here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed in Erratic Rock 2 earlier this month, one night before and one night after our trek in Torres del Paine. While located slightly out from the main part of town, the extra walk is worth it, as this was definitely one of the best hostels / b&bs we stayed in while in Chile. Very friendly staff who were so helpful and with good English, comfy beds and best of all a great hot shower with good water pressure - I really enjoyed my hot shower there after five days of trekking!!! They were happy to store our luggage when we were off trekking, it was no problem whatsoever. The breakfasts were also good, with scrambled eggs, home cooked bread and some sweet cake on offer too. If we didn't have onward flights arranged I would have liked to have stayed longer just to chill out and relax in this very clean, relaxed and comfortable place. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple