“What a splendid place”

Noi Indigo Patagonia
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Puerto Natales
Reviewed March 15, 2012

If you are not afraid of contemporary architecture, this is the place for you. It actually doesn't look like much from the outside, but the interior is highly original, although it can be confusing at first sight. Rooms are friendly, light, decorated with contemporary taste using natural materials and have a great view of Bahia de la Ultima Esperanza. Top notch down to the shampoo. And I haven't even started about the spa on the top floor which is free to use for guests. A match for the outdoor whirlpool with equally breathtaking vistas is still to be found. Staff are very nice and helpful. And the adjacent bar and restaurant fail to let you down as well. Great place.

Room Tip: Rooms in the corner of the building are larger!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Noi Indigo Patagonia

Reviewed March 6, 2012

We stayed here the night before a Patagonia trek, so we needed a bit of luxury. The building isnt much to look at from outside, but inside its very modern and stylish with lots of unique features. Our room was quite a good size and the bed was comfortable. We went into the spa and into some heated pools which were on the roof, which was a novelty, though only one pool was warm as the other had been cooled by the wind. We ate in the restaurant twice - the food was nice enough without being amazing, and not cheap. And nor was the room unfortunately.

Overall, a stylish hotel with a bit of luxury, unique for the area, just not as amazing as the price woudl suggest.

Room Tip: Our room was big enough, so I guess some are bigger than others.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Hotel is nice, but rooms are VERY small. Comfortable and clean - but not meant for 2 unrelated people to share a room. Hotel staff was not helpful at all when trying to arrange tours. They actually gave us false information when we asked them to arrange a glacier tour.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JBSinVA
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Nice style, but rooms are too small and noisy (no storage or closet), with a comfortable bed, though.
Spa:
Excellent massages! But: 2 of 3 Jacuzzis not usable the 3rd was dirty. Sauna was not heated.
Reception: Friendly but not able to organise a rental car and a guided tour we asked for. Called finally ourselves the companies.
Good breakfast and food and nice staff in "Mama Rosas" Restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 27, 2012

The travel agent raved about this place. We were 2 adults and a 5-year old in the room. Yeah, it's cute and rustic with lots of wood and wierd angles not to mention the 3, yes 3, jacuzzis on the roof.
And my daughter loved the 3 chair-swings hanging from the ceiling in front of our room not to mention the mini-waterfall next to the stairs, but as far as a hotel for travelers, puh-lease. The room was not just small, it was cramped with no storage and virtually no privacy in the shower! And the hotel is populated with well-meaning but incompetent little girls in their 20s who aren't trained to service hotel guests. There were 2 computers that were barely working they were so slow and the "front desk" could not accomodate the simplest requests that even 1-star hotels could easily handle. This place is definitely not worth the $300++ we paid per night.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank mark v
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I have to imagine this is the best boutique style hotel in PN. Living in NYC I can honestly say this place would fit in here, which is quite a feat for a somewhat remotely located hotel.
First of all the design is very welcoming with a nice modern edge and felt very fresh and new (I think it is new but not sure...)

Room: The room was well thought our and the views were great. Now I understand that not all rooms are equal and I'm sure we got one of the better ones, because the square meterage of the rooms is on the doors. We also had a corner room on the top floor so the windows faced the lake and the street. The bed was very comfortable and the bath/shower were equally well designed. It is somewhat in the room in the case where privacy is an issue, I suppose that could be problematic.

Spa: My wife had a massage after our 20k hike to the base of the towers and she said it was one of the best ever. She's had many all over the world so that's quite impressive. The spa itself looked quite nice we went up for a quick hot-tub, but it was a bit windy and not that appealing. Weather permitting that's probably a great time.

Restaurant: Mama Rosa was one of my best dining experiences in all of Chile. Service was great (which was an issue, and I was told Chilean service is generally quite lax, especially for an american's sensibilities) The food was fresh and tasty, and the portions were really nice. This place is also clearly a bit of a hang-out and the ambiance is great.

Tour: we used the hotel to plan a 1-day hiking tour. It was a great experience we had a private car and a private guide who was very professional and clearly knew all people in the park. I will say however it was probably quite expensive relative to other companies. At $500 (250pp) I don't feel like it wasn't well deserved but I'm sure you can get a better price somewhere else. Feels like the hotel is taking a cut potentially, and historically the hotel either arranges this without padding the rate or gets a cut out of the operators price. No matter how you look at it, I'm sure it's expensive and I'm also sure some people would be flabbergasted that I even paid that amount. Either was was happy after to that's all that matters.

All-in-all I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else when visiting this area of the world, unless you are super hard-core and decide to stay at Explora or Las Torres.

Note: On my way into PN I could see Remota and the Singular. I did not stay at them but my 2 cents - looked like Singular had a much nicer location. They are both really close to town so not remote at all, which is both good and bad depending on what you are looking for.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank WBS78
Reviewed January 17, 2012

As I walked through the town en route from the bus station, I passed many average-looking hotels and hostlerias, so I had an idea in my mind what Indigo would be like. When I turned the corner, I was pleasantly surprised by the amazing building that stood before me!

The attention to detail is second-to-none in this impressive spot, from the staff to the decor. Find yourself with some extra time? Locate the reading nook complete with hammock-like swinging chairs. Bring the free bottle of artisanal water the hotel provides you and pass the hours reading or relaxing.

The top-floor spa is amazing. The guests have 3 pools to choose from, all outdoors and all heated. Overlook the water, the city, or just relax in this oasis.

The rooms are ingeniously designed, utilizing space in a creative and cool way. Our room was small, but the use of space was impressive so much so that we didn't pay attention to the size of the room but rather how brilliantly it was designed.

With little extras like free wi-fi and breakfast, this is the best place to stay in Puerto Natales.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple