Out of several hotels we stayed in during our trip to Chile and Argentina, I probably have the most mixed feelings about Remota. The location and the hotel itself are gorgeous, but are also somewhat cold and imposing, so the hotel certainly blends with the environment. We booked the full board package which turned out to be the right way to go as all meals and each day's excursion were included, which made for an uncomplicated and relaxing stay in a far-off place. All meals were very good and the dining room offered them during generous time windows. Service was very good, including the manager who, although her manner came off a little forced at times, was readily available for any needs. The excursions and guides we had were excellent.
My misgivings about the hotel are mostly based on some weird idiosyncracies: the beautiful slate floors throughout the hotel don't exactly lend to a quiet and peaceful envirornment, the window between the bathroom and bedroom is plain stupid, and the firepits in the lobby lounge and dining room, when lit, throw off smoke to the point where your clothes smell like you were sitting in front of a campfire all evening.
Still, I would certainly consider staying at Remota again. Despite the few negatives it turned out to be a highlight of our trip and the location is great especially if you'd prefer being close to Puerto Natales rather than an even more far-off spot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Remota is one of the most celebrated and awarded Hotels in Chile, where the National Architecture Prize Awarded, German Del Sol, achieved the most breathtaking views of the fjord and glaciers.Normal things like breakfast,is an unforgettable experience.Luminous and inserted in Patagonia's landscape, without any modification, with the best infrastructure, totally different from a classic hotel that impresses visitors and leaves a lasting memory.Remota is more than just a hotel, it allows travellers to have a unique total Patagonia Experience.Remota is an ecological and sustainable hotel, built with high quality materials, almost no motors, no elevators,no television or internet in the rooms, very light, almost transparent, natural ventilation and highly efficient energy use.We support local communities and are strongly linked to social and cultural organisations as well.Remota is a selected property of the prestigious Virtuoso luxury travel network (only 5 operations in Chile) and was choosen by Orvis as an International Endorsed Destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Remota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Remota Puerto Natales, Aisen Region, Chile
- Remota Hotel Puerto Natales