“Cold winter in Patagonia but very warm welcome - loved it”
Review of Remota

Remota
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Puerto Natales
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We had some doubts about visiting Patagonia in the Winter but when we got there realised that we couldnt have chosen a better time. It was cold and windy but that made the stunning landscape even more dramatic and meant that we had some of the best locations to ourselves.

What really made the holiday extra special though was Remota itself. It couldnt have been more perfect. The service was supberb, the staff warm and friendly, the food was amazing. Our driver was impressive on snowy roads and our guide tailored our trips for us and was fun and knowledgeable. Even when we went out for day trips they managed to conjure up the most brilliant surprises in great settings. Thanks to everyone at Remota - absolutely perfect!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank billydog_10
LaGerencia, Guest Relations Manager at Remota, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear friend,
As we could notice, your concerns about visiting Patagonia in winter are completely cleared. That`s one of the reasons Remota opens all year, because the beauty of Patagonia can be appreciated at any time of the calendar.
Obviously, staying in Remota makes the experience so much better.
Thanks for your warm words to our chef and all our staff.
Now you know there is a place for you at the end of the world.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have never been happier with a hotel experience than I was with Remota, and I have had many great hotel experiences around the world.

The place is beautiful. The design is somehow soul-nourishing. The public spaces are so comfortable, so wonderful to be in, and with views of fjord and mountains that all combine to make Remota itself worth the trip from New York to Puerto Natales. Even better, the rooms, with their soaring ceilings and rough-hewn local woods, accomplish this stunning combination of wilderness with high design and five-star comfort. Large, well-appointed bathrooms with character complete the picture.

We ate breakfast here four days, and can report that the pastries, breads, and jams are very nice...some were beyond very nice into the spectacular range. Each day included eggs, which were far more flavorful than I'm used to at home. Dinner one night was very good but not the high point of the stay.

One of the high points, though, was Miggy, who was our waiter for each of the four days we were at the hotel. Poor guy was there at breakfast and dinner...but always friendly and ridiculously in tune with any wants and needs. He even anticipated needs, finding ways to make the day that much more pleasant. For example, one day when I'd moved from breakfast to one of the common areas to do some work he suddenly appeared, unprompted, with a cup of coffee. He is a true professional. He knows how to acclimate himself to particular customers' styles and deliver exactly the type of service each will find to be perfect for him or herself. At least that's what I think I observed and it was certainly true in our case. We loved him, and Miggy is part of what made Remota a great experience.

We found other staff members to be absolutely wonderful as well. I've forgotten the name of the woman who patiently went over routes for sight seeing and trekking with us and who also helped us figure out the travel plan for when we would leave Remota to go to our next destination.

The dipping pool is nice, too. It's large enough to do a few laps or just relax in the warm water after a day on the trails or on one of Remota's photo safaris.

And, of course, the location is one of the most beautiful places in the world. While the nearby town of Puerto Natales isn't beautiful, it does offer beautiful baked goods. There is a downtown bakery that turns out stunningly delicious pastries and breads! It's called Panchita's. It's a small store front, not a fancy place oriented toward tourists. Their empanadas are great as is their pan de dulce. We sampled other things, including a cream-filled pastry, that we loved.

But you don't come here for the town. So pick up some empanadas and head to the mountains and the fjords. They're even more beautiful than you hope they'll be. We had a rental car, which we'd highly recommend to anyone going to this area. The ability to choose destinations, stop for as long or as short a time as you want, and go at your own pace is really nice.

This is one of the best hotels in the world in one of the most beautiful places in the world. Go!

PS -- Lots of guide books warn against going here in winter. Maybe it was just because this winter was unusually mild, but I'm very glad I did not listen to those warnings. It was an excellent time to be in Patagonia. Perfect, really.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
LaGerencia, Guest Relations Manager at Remota, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear friend,
We feel really happy that you enjoyed your trip so much as you tell us. New York is far far away from Patagonia, but as you could see, it worth it.
In Remota we feel proud of our hotel when we read comments as yours because that's the idea: have an unforgettable experience in the most beautiful environment.
Thanks for the praises to our food and service, we do reall efforts to make it the most perfect possible.
Now, you know there is a place for you at Patagonia.
We will be expecting you!!!

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

My 15yr old son and I recently travelled for a 10 day trip of Chili from OZ organized by Chimu Adventures. I must say Chimu are highly recommended (well organised & every transfer/hotel/tour was amaze plus from previous experience the cheapest by far). We stayed at this awesome hotel for 3 days. We arrived as dusk hit Puerto Natales and I must admit driving up a long driveway with a big sign with "Remota" blowing in the wind had me thinking of "The Bates" hotel in the movie "Psycho" but how wrong I was! On arrival your greeted with an amazing warm cosy sanctuary with these gorgeous friendly staff members. We settled in then met with our Tour guide to discuss our options for the next 3 days. I loved that it was well organised so we knew what we were doing & when plus they worked out the tours around us (we were still majorly jet lagged so could not face a early rise) which was not a problem yay lol. The rest of this post I will break down for a quicker read

Food-Breakfast-amaze little plates with pastries, breads, fruit, cereal, coffee, tea, fresh juice & eggs...amaze!! Rest of meals pretty much 4 course...starters, entree, main & desserts with a couple of choices for each & I loved that the food was catered with a local vibe eg:Rabbit stew, crab, steaks, carpaccio of native Llama a few of the choices I had...wines paired with each dish if you choose....not really what a 15yr likes but hey he survived!!

Tours...we did Torres de Plaines & glacier day view (2-3hr drive) with an amazing picnic barbecue cooked with breathtaking views...absolutely loved it!! Next day Horse riding with a goucho while it was snowing & hot choccos with snacks was so unforgettable...my son loved this!! Last day a tour of the caves & the town of Puerto which was quaint & I loved the vibe of the fishing community....overall amazing tours!!

Staff...some of the nicest & most knowledgeable people of the history of the surrounding areas. Big props to Carlos our driver he was just so gorgeous, humble & helpful (I hugged him when I left & almost cried) I'm a dork I know lol...Claudia was our guide to TP and I loved her knowledge of the area and SA in general...i loved her enthusiasm & love for travel..lastly Pedro our guide on the rest of the tours...he was very passionate about the land which I loved...I felt I learnt a lot from him and was proud to come home with the newfound knowledge that the "earth was approximately 450 million years old" which I never knew (I'm a bit of a heels & shopping girl but he made learning not boring). Plus the wait staff in the restaurant where just so amazing spot on for even SA standards which is pretty high when it comes to service.

Rooms...amazing comfy beds, pillows & warm & cosy. Loved the bath especially my son who was so jet lagged he'd be having hot baths at 3am lol.

Overall best stay at one of the best hotels I've stayed at in all of SA...hope to take my husband back one day & that's saying something because I hate being cold!! Lol

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Rugbybee222
RemotaPatagonia, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Remota, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

It seems like you really enjoyed the Remota experience. Thanks for your nice words to our staff, but we obtain this result if guests are not so enthusiast as you and your son.
We enjoy very much when a guest speaks the way you did about our gastronomy and anything related to Remota.
Thanks for living the Remota experience and you know that you have a home waiting for you in the chilean Patagonia.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is a truly unique hotel experience....It is in a beautiful setting near the bay at Puerto Natales...it is wonderful to look out the glass walls over the sea grass and sand hills with sea and mountains in the background. The staff was helpful..The room was very unique (see photos on their website)...and I loved it...but in the bathroom, the sink mounted atop the counter was always splashing over and I worried about the wood counter! Fabulous amenities on the room including robes, slippers and even a gift water bottle! The food here was outstanding and like being served at an excellent restaurant instead of the buffet experience we had at some of our other hotels in Patagonia. The pool was the best experience EVER!! It was as warm as a hot tub and it was soooo cool to have the infinity pool view of the grasses, mountains, sea and sky!! You'll love this place!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Hotel R, Public Relations Manager at Remota, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

As you propperly said, Remota is a unique experience and we feel proud of it. Thanks for recognize the qualities of our food, something that we are surely the best exhibitors in Patagonia.
Our rooms and pool were made thinking in relax and taking advantage of the beautiful landscape. Hope you can come back to Remota, we will be happy to be your patagonian shelter.
Best Regards,

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Looking for a place to relax and disconnect, me and my girlfriend founded Remota. And we don´t regret at all. Starting by the gorgeous architecture of the building (later we knew that's a famous architect job), the rooms specially for a real rest (no tv or internet) and the magnificent view of the end of the world.
Special thanks y greetings to Remota's crew, true experts in service and comfort. They really know what to do to make you feel pleasant moments that you'll never forget, like the awesome food with fresh products from the area. Thumbs up for the fish and de lovely vegetables used by the chef to develop beautiful and delicious meals.
Next time (yes, we will return as soon as we can) we will do more tours, we missed the horse ride.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel R, Public Relations Manager at Remota, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Well, first of all, thanks for choosing Remota Hotel. We feel so happy as crew when we recieve comments like yours because that's what we fight for: We are the best place to rest in Patagonia and our food is unforgettable. And next time you visit us, don't miss the guided tours, they are memorable too.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We choose Remota because of the Architecture and Excursion options, as soon as we arrived we loved the Hotel and then every day was better.

The food was awesome, the Tours incredible, every day we came back we understand more of the building.

Many people could think that Remota is far away from Torres del Paine (Only 2 hours), we discover that was the best choice because you can easily do Tours there but you also have many other options outside the National Park.

And to close the loop, the people from Puerto Natales and Remota staff make this the best experience ever.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PPFS
Hotel R, Public Relations Manager at Remota, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thanks for that nice words. As we can see, you guys spent your honeymoon in Remota and you enjoyed, think that make us feel our job has fulfilled his aim. More grateful we feel when we notice you understand the essence of our building.
Hope you can comeback in the future and if you do it with your children would be even better.
All the best

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Just a short note to express our gratitude to all the Remota's personnel.
Without them wouldn't be the same. We stayed four marvelous days in this spectacular hotel in the bottom of the world.
From the moment that we arrived until we left the hotel everything was a great experience...
We took all the activities available at that time and everything was amazing... really I have no words to express how wonderful our experience was.
The Chef and the dining people were superb... we still remember the "centolla" cakes... delightful... exquisite..
Every room was a picture, the swimming pool, the fire places, the jacuzzi under the stars...
You want us to says something to this trip: spectacular !!!

Yes, the bathroom could has some improvements to have more privacy in the room... is too integrated to it !

Room Tip: It's better to visit this area at the end of the winter, there is no wind and usually no rain or...