Stayed here as part of a package with Cascada, we stayed in Puerto Natales so that we could do some activities before heading into the Torres park to stay at the Ecocamp. I would not have chosen this hotel if I had been making the booking directly.
It is a 1km walk into town, which we actually enjoyed doing and therefore didn't find the location a problem, but it is outside the town so if you don't fancy walking you must take a taxi.
The room (I think we had the largest one) whilst large, had a tiny bathroom. There was nowhere to hang clothes or put anything away. The curtains didn't close properly and at that time of year it doesn't get dark until very late so it was hard to sleep and then when the sun came up the room got very hot. The decoration could be improved and things looked rather old and tired. They have a restaurant and whilst the lunch we had was nice it was expensive, I guess taking advantage of the fact that you are outside the town and so can't go somewhere else without a bit of effort. The breakfasts were plentiful but again the quality could be improved. Overall I think there are much better places to stay in town. We also had some issues with communication between Cascada (tour operator) and the Weskar, we didn't receive messages that were left for us, times of pickups were not communicated properly and on one instance our pickup didn't occur and we nearly missed an excursion.
We ate at the Indigo hotel a couple of times and the food was superb, perhaps worth trying instead of the Weskar!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the misty Patagonia, Weskar Lodge is a cozy hotel with 30 rooms, offering quality and charming services, that will make your trip an unforgettable experience after your excursions to Torres del Paine and the Glaciers. Located along the coast in the city of Puerto Natales, at an altitude of 70 feets above sea level, sorrounded by green areas, Weskar Lodge is a unique and small hotel with impressive views of the fjord and the Patagonian Andes Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Hotel.de so you can book your Weskar Patagonian Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Weskar Patagonian Hotel Puerto Natales
- Hotel Weskar Patagonian
- Weskar Patagonian Lodge Puerto Natales, Aisen Region, Chile