“Great local vegetarian”

Cuisines: Chilean
syracuse
“Great local vegetarian”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Patagonia is definitely meat country. My son is vegan and this place was recommended by hotel staff. It's on a corner, small, clean, and owned by the woman on the right in the picture. It's inexpensive, the tables wobble, and it's fun to see her friends and family stop in. In addition to many meat options, she had 4-5 vegetarian/vegan options. My husband said the seafood stew was the best he's ever eaten, and then had pumpkin soup. My son started with a mixed bean stew that was delicious, and had a second soup with seaweed. He liked it; I'm not much for seaweed. I had a veggie tortilla that seemed like a fritatta to me...tons of veggies held together with a bit of fried egg, like a huge pancake, larger than my whole hand..just wonderful. We kept ordering more things because they were good and reasonably priced.Easily one of the best meals of our 2 week trip. But the owner said business has been down this year after 2 good years and did not know why. On return I found she was not on TripAdvisor so hoping this will help. She has no website, just keep the name and address with you and ask around. Short walk uphill from the tourist streets by the water.

• Visited January 2013