“Puerto Natales B and B is perfect”

and 1 more site!
Pire Mapu Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife and I spent four days in the Natales area. We arrived by bus from Punta Arenas; Fabiana and Bren met us at the very modern bus station and took us to their home/B and B. It was 5oC outside with a 60 kilometer per hour wind, but inside it was toasty warm and very friendly. We are both Anglophones, but Fabiana's English is excellent and Bren is a Brit.

We walked the 1.6 km (1 mile) from the cottage to the center of town in about 20 minutes and had dinner at Afrigonia a wonderful restaurant near the town square. The next day, Bren took us to Torres del Paine; he showed us the major sites, provided a lunch that could have fed four people rather than 2, and was a careful driver. That night Fabiana provided dinner-fresh salmon caught by her father and a Chilean Savignon Blanc; it was wonderful. The next day we took a glacier tour by boat that Bren and Fabiana arranged. Each day we had a wonderful breakfast with Fabiana's home made bread.
We enjoyed the walk from the cottage to town-so we think this a plus. You are lucky if you can get into this B and B. If not you may have to settle for an expensive impersonal hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed April 9, 2013

My first home of my recent 3 week S. Am (3/12/13) and after a long 30 hr trip from Arizona, USA, I wanted a clean, quiet, and friendly place. Fabrian and Bren provided all. A room that exceeded expectations. I felt at home. A short walk from the bus station...just a little bit away from the noisy center of town. They bought my tickets from/to Punta Arenas, let me keep my extra items there while I was hiking the "W"...and more. Thank you for helping start off a great 3 week adventure.
Steve Hertzfeld
Arizona, USA

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We were looking for a place to treat ourselves after trekking for several days. We booked Pire Mapu on the back of strong reviews and were not disappointed at all. The hosts, Brendan and Fabiana are warm and welcoming, the rooms super-comfortable and the showers hot and powerful. We were encouraged to feel at home so it was a tremendous place to spend a couple of lazy days to let our legs recover.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Bren and Fabiana have done a great job at providing a home away from home in puerto natales. We stayed here for two nights before a 9 day trek in Torres del Paine and three nights afterwards, wish it were longer!! The bedrooms are so snug, bathrooms really nice, breakfasts delicious, service is lovely, the bed is made up and fresh towels delivered daily. It's so nice to be able to curl up on the couch in the lounge area and have a cup of tea, there are tea making facilities in the rooms as well , which is a nice touch. Beautiful stroll to the centre of town. Fabiana even did all our washing fir us, booked restaurants and organised buses. All in all, a perfect stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 6, 2013

It is really the best place to stay and the photos are real! We stayed there twice, the owners are amazing and you feel very comfortable in their cottage with the nice fireplace and the most beautiful decorated rooms! The breakfast is unbelievably good, I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the best stays in my travels. Beautiful cottage and room, clean room and bath, quiet environment.

What makes this good to amazing is the fantastic service from Bren and Fabiana. It's not just about friendliness. It's about the passion for what they do, and they're so smart to help you troubleshoot any kinks up in your tours. This is very important in a foreign place!

My private transfers didn't arrive and Fabiana graciously picked me up and dropped me off. She took initiative to reconfirm my tours for me. She anticipated one of the tours might not show up and drove me to the pick up point.

Breakfast is great too!

I looked forward to returning every single night after a long day of touring. My 3 days were fantastic - and Pire Mapu is a big part of that.

My only regret is puerto Natales is so far from home so I can't visit thrice a year! But I am recommending this place to friends.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Fabiana and Bren were terrific hosts to my wife and I for 3 nights. Fabiana picked us up from the bus terminal as promised and immediately set our minds to ease by promising we should "make ourselves at home." Breakfast was served one day at 9am (we requested to sleep in a bit) and then very early the next two days (~6am) as we had a day trip to TDP planned for one day and an early bus departure the following day.

Though it's just a 10 min walk (or so) to the heart of the town from their location, our hosts insisted on driving us to town early for the two bus pickups we had to make - which was greatly appreciated. As an added bonus, the internet connectivity via WiFi at Pire Mapu seemed quite fast compared with our other experiences throughout the Argentine and Chilean Patagonia.

HIghly recommended!