“Home away from home”

and 1 more site!
Pire Mapu Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Bren and Fabiana have done a great job at providing a home away from home in puerto natales. We stayed here for two nights before a 9 day trek in Torres del Paine and three nights afterwards, wish it were longer!! The bedrooms are so snug, bathrooms really nice, breakfasts delicious, service is lovely, the bed is made up and fresh towels delivered daily. It's so nice to be able to curl up on the couch in the lounge area and have a cup of tea, there are tea making facilities in the rooms as well , which is a nice touch. Beautiful stroll to the centre of town. Fabiana even did all our washing fir us, booked restaurants and organised buses. All in all, a perfect stay.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed March 6, 2013

It is really the best place to stay and the photos are real! We stayed there twice, the owners are amazing and you feel very comfortable in their cottage with the nice fireplace and the most beautiful decorated rooms! The breakfast is unbelievably good, I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the best stays in my travels. Beautiful cottage and room, clean room and bath, quiet environment.

What makes this good to amazing is the fantastic service from Bren and Fabiana. It's not just about friendliness. It's about the passion for what they do, and they're so smart to help you troubleshoot any kinks up in your tours. This is very important in a foreign place!

My private transfers didn't arrive and Fabiana graciously picked me up and dropped me off. She took initiative to reconfirm my tours for me. She anticipated one of the tours might not show up and drove me to the pick up point.

Breakfast is great too!

I looked forward to returning every single night after a long day of touring. My 3 days were fantastic - and Pire Mapu is a big part of that.

My only regret is puerto Natales is so far from home so I can't visit thrice a year! But I am recommending this place to friends.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Fabiana and Bren were terrific hosts to my wife and I for 3 nights. Fabiana picked us up from the bus terminal as promised and immediately set our minds to ease by promising we should "make ourselves at home." Breakfast was served one day at 9am (we requested to sleep in a bit) and then very early the next two days (~6am) as we had a day trip to TDP planned for one day and an early bus departure the following day.

Though it's just a 10 min walk (or so) to the heart of the town from their location, our hosts insisted on driving us to town early for the two bus pickups we had to make - which was greatly appreciated. As an added bonus, the internet connectivity via WiFi at Pire Mapu seemed quite fast compared with our other experiences throughout the Argentine and Chilean Patagonia.

HIghly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The owners of the B&B are very friendly and made me feel very welcome. They waited up for me despite the late hour of my arrival and was helpful in trying to accommodate all of my questions. The room is clean, spacious, and comfortable, and so is the entire house. Fabiana brought me to town to help me arrange my bus tickets out of El Chalten and was very helpful with everything. They even helped me with my laundry! I really enjoyed my stay, thank you!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Warm welcome by Fabiana. Cozy bed and cleanliness everywhere. Good breakfast. The house is a small accommodation only with 2 rooms at this moment, 1 more is to be added soon. So, very home feeling with less number of people. Nothing to complain. Definitely go back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed at Bren and Fabiana's for 3 nights and this was the best place we have stayed at on our RTW trip. They have a great house, very comfortable furnishings and hands-down the best bathroom we have showered in since we left North America. We arrived in Puerto Natales at 11pm at night after a 6 hour border crossing from El Calafate. When we got off the bus, a lot of people were scrambling looking for lodgings, but we had Fabiana and Bren meet us with a sign and big smiles. It was quite a relief not to have to navigate the city after a tough transit day. We were so hungry as we did not have dinner and Fabiana got on the phone and ordered us some delicious steak sandwiches that we will be talking about for months to come.

During our stay, they extended their hospitality beyond what normal B&B business owners do. One day, we had freshly baked bread (literally seconds after she removed it from the oven) and the next day, she shared some watermelon with us. When we left for the Park, Bren even dropped us off at Erratic rock to catch our bus to the Park. Bren and Fabiana are really such special people and they clearly enjoy what they do. This lodging is definitely value for money and the hospitality is just priceless.

If you are lucky enough to come to Puerto Natales, make sure you stay at Pire Mapu, you will not regret it!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple