All reviews meat packing cold storage processing plant horseback riding amazing hotel luxury hotel full board option industrial museum unique experience indoor outdoor pool entire wall food and wine boat trip punta arenas one of a kind chilli picture window
Reviewed January 7, 2017 via mobile

A fantastic hotel in a fantastic location
It takes a while (1.5hr) to get really into the park from here but it's worth it to have a base that's 5star in every way.
The Singular know how to care for their guests and could teach some to the top name hotels around the world a few lessons in customer care.
Look out for Teresa at the bar who is happy to try her hand at the strange cocktail you found on the internet and always wanted to try and Daniela in the restaurant who will save you a special table as well as coming up with great suggestions if you want to eat out.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
TheSingularHotels, Gerente at The Singular Patagonia, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2017

Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback, I've already send it to my colleagues at the Bar in order to congratulate them for a great job.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to visit us again

Reviewed January 5, 2017

We have traveled the world and stayed at 5-star hotels throughout. The Singular Patagonia could be among the finest hotels we have ever stayed at. The historical/museum-like building, the spectacular setting, the wilderness excursions could be enough. But, no, the service, the food, the accommodations, the attention to details surpass all expectations. Enrique Concha, the restaurant manager, could be the finest host in any fine dining establishment in the world. He took care of every detail, quickly learning our preferences and ensuring that our every need was taken care of. He found special wines to accompany our guanaco tartare and chupe. His attention to detail was astonishing. Our rooms had breathtaking views and every amenity we could have asked for. The great room was a perfect setting to enjoy drinks and games in front of the massive fireplace. And wandering around the old meat processing equipment - early 1900's British diesel engines - was fascinating. Our excursion guides could not have been more experienced or accommodating - beer, wine and cheese platters awaiting us after every hike. This is truly one of the best hotels in the world - and we have been to the best that Europe, Africa and Asia have to offer.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are similar and all have spectacular views of the fiord and the mountains.
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family

Dear Sir,

I'd like to thank you for your comments posted, we'll continue working to improve our service.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to visit us again

Reviewed January 5, 2017 via mobile

I have a confession - this review is actually for Jan 2016 but O can't seem to input this date range - sorry if that offends anyone! I arrived at this hotel after finishing the O trek around Torres del Paine. I was hot, dusty and after not having showered properly for 9 days pretty dirty as well. These guys did not miss a beat. They have me extra chocolate at reception and took me to my room asap - think they could tell I really wanted a long bath! From there things went from great to wonderful. How do you sum up an experience which is everything you have dreamt about and more. I took part in their tours - I initially wasn't going to do the glacier and farm/ horse- riding tour but one of the guides talked me into it - and it was the highlight tour of my stay. Do it if you can. The guides have that wonderful combination of personality and knowledge and the head guide,a gaucho, is amazing. The restaurant provides a wide variety of fresh local foods and an extensive wine list. Service is great - they were very patient with my poor Spanish and willing to tolerate me only being able to speak in the present tense (they all speak excellent English). Flor and there reception team went above and beyond. I had an allergic reaction to my hiking socks and they arranged medication, my sunglasses broke and they sent someone into town to fix them, my feet delayed leaving by a day and they helped me arrange my connecting flight change at Puerto Mont and to stay an extra day at the Singular. The concept is novel - never thought I would be sleeping in a meat packing shed (well next to one really as the accomodation is new and adjacent) but superbly executed. They absolutely deserve their recent rankings and this review is long overdue. Currently back in Chile in a different part of the country but at a similar style of hotel. Whilst well done - it doesn't come close to the Singular. Cheers Jen

Stayed: February 2016, traveled solo

Dear Madam,

We are all proud about your feedback, we really appreciatte your comments, it's exactly what we want to offer our guests, we want to make their stay special.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to visit us again.

Kind regards

Reviewed January 5, 2017

The hotel is spectacularly lovely - it has modern guest rooms, but is built inside a 100 year old sheep processing plant. The food was delicious, the expeditions were great. However, more impressive than the physical structure, the delicious food, or the interesting expeditions, was the service provided to us. One of our party became quite ill and needed to be hospitalized, and the head of expeditions drove us three hours to Punta Arenas to the hospital and stayed with us until 10:30 that night. I cannot imagine too many hotels would provide that kind of care for their guests.

Room Tip: We liked the third (top) floor, about half way down the corridor.
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2017

This is the most incredible hotel I have ever stayed in. The hotel facility is built within an old meat-packing and cold storage facility...literally a hotel within a museum. It is so streamlined and such fantastic use of space. And the views from the rooms...a whole wall that is a window. Just ridiculous in the best possible way. The food here is also incredible, the rooms are impeccable and the service matches. Special note to Romena in the restaurant and Francine (sp) at the front desk. We received special attention and spectacular service from both of these women that made the stay even more spectacular than it otherwise would have been. Can't say enough about this place.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in the place.
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
TheSingularHotels, Gerente at The Singular Patagonia, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2017

Dear Madam/Sir,

We all really appreciate your kind comments about your stay, it would be a pleasure to have you here again.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to visit us again.