The Singular Patagonia
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel HD Natales(Puerto Natales)
View Hotel
Simple Patagonia Hotel(Puerto Natales)
View Hotel
Bories House Hotel(Puerto Natales)
Altiplanico Sur(Puerto Natales)
Remota(Puerto Natales)
  • Breakfast included
Weskar Patagonian Lodge(Puerto Natales)
View Hotel
Hotel Capitan Eberhard(Puerto Natales)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel IF Patagonia(Puerto Natales)
View Hotel
Noi Indigo Patagonia(Puerto Natales)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmeat packingcold storageprocessing plantamazing hotelhorseback ridingluxury hotelfull board optionindustrial museumunique experienceindoor outdoor poolentire wallpunta arenasboat triphot soupchillicity tourfood and wine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The Singular Patagonia is in a stunning location and is an innovative renovation of a unique building, but it is the staff who make it truly exceptional. We came across it having hired bikes in Puerto Natales and ridden along the waterfront. The building from the outside is kept very original and has very little explanation as to what lies inside. We just saw a sign for hotel and went in for a coffee. The staff were so welcoming and helpful despite the fact that we looked totally unlike the sort of people they would expect to stay with them, we were in old training shoes and tracksuits. They showed us round and explained the history of the building (it is a redundant meat packing factory and has a lot of the original machinery and structures including engines from England). We had lovely coffee and homemade biscuits for the same price as you would expect to pay in Chile in a good cafe. While we were there I looked it up on Booking.com with the free WiFi and we decided to treat ourselves on return from doing the 'W' trail - also highly recommended!
Our stay was every bit as good as our first impression of the hotel. The rooms are massive with picture windows stretching the length of the wall along the waterfront, the bathrooms very grand, the Spa area relaxing (an indoor/outdoor heated pool) and the restaurant lovely. Again though it was the staff who made the stay for us, from the reception, the bar and restaurant, the lady in the Spa, the cleaners to the chap who brought our bags.
We are not usually 5* people, we spent a month in Chile mainly in hostels but it was worth making an exception for the Singular!

Room Tip: I think they all have the same stunning outlook.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TheSingularHotels, Gerente at The Singular Patagonia, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

The Singular Hotel welcomes the people who are not staying at the hotel at the restaurant and bar area, plusthis you can buy day used spa, come and meet us! It´s a good way to enjoy patagonia

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Unless you have checked out their website, nothing prepares you for the sight of this property from the approach road - what have I come to??!! It looks very drab because it was an old factory complex. But wait until you get on to the place - it is spectacular! Totally different from anywhere I have stayed at previously. Much of the factory equipment remains in the public areas, but this only adds to the charm of the place.
Rooms, service, food, etc etc all superb!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

The hotel the Singular is built on what was the old refrigerator Puerto Bories, so that from the outside looks like an old building, inside Magic!, the architecture and decoration attached to the story create a unique place ... don´t missed it

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Almost impossible to fault this hotel. Our room was fabulous, very large with a wall-to-wall picture wondow overlooking the water, the furniture chosen with great care from, we were told, all over the world. The bathroom was to die for with a shower as large as the one we have installed for ourselves at home! Two small criticisms - no shelf space and not enough drawer space to compensate, and why only one armchair in a double room? But hey, that's perhaps nit-picking! The staff were, to a man and woman, fantastic - friendly, cheerful, helpful, knowledgeable so I am not going to single anyone out - not fair!
We stayed on an all-inclusive basis which, while not cheap, represented fabulous value for what we got: all our meals and drinks, plus an excellent selection of excursions tailor-made to our interests and requirements. The guides and drivers were first-class. Here I will mention a couple of names: George who took us to the Milidon caves, up a mountain in search of condors (in a howling gale, but we made it!) and showed us around the museum part of the hotel, and Philip who took us into the Torres del Paine exhibiting his extensive knowledge and huge love for, and pride in his Patagonian heritage. We have been on a lot of guided tours all over the world and these two young men ranked among the best.
The restaurant is world-class and all our meals were à la carte, not set menus. Breakfast was
sumptuous!
A big thank you to all at the Singular for a truly memorable stay, hopefully one day we will be back and we can fully recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms face the water so it doesn't matter where you are. I don't think we had the largest but it was quite large enough!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank seel_peta
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I stayed at this hotel over the new year holidays with my family in 2013/14 for four nights. We had a wonderful time, and I hope we can come again one day.

Service: Outstanding. I feel that we were extremely well looked after, even though the hotel was clearly at capacity. I never felt ignored or marginalized, and that is really hard to do.
The entire hotel was full of a million clones of us (it was surreal, actually). Can you imagine, about 500 well-to-do families overrunning a luxury property? Most of them were from North America, which was also kind of scary because sometimes an American guest can be awesome and sometimes an American guest can be a pain in the patootie. So we had our share of both, but the hotel managed to keep every single one of us happy, which is a major feat, in my eyes.

Hotel: Gorgeous. The rooms are nice and warm (we had some freaky weather while we were there; it was supposed to be the warmest time of year but it was quite cold), and the views of the water from each room are so beautiful, you don't want to leave. Also, I noticed that the walls are fairly thick so you can't hear much from other guests, which is good.
The bathrooms are perfect, nice and European (like Swiss, not like British), so I didn't feel that we had to suffer with sub-par plumbing or cold water or cheap towels. Everything was exactly how you would want it to be.
The public rooms look like steam-punk, and it really works. So achingly cool, but everyone who works there is so, so nice that you can relax and enjoy an AMAZING pisco sour without any attitude being flung around, and I met so many wonderful and friendly people in the bar area - well, actually everywhere.

Spa: Great. It is small, but really you don't need too much, you will be doing other stuff anyway. You just want someone to get the kinks out, and the ladies in the spa are wonderful. They know their business, and when you leave you will feel like a noodle.

The Food: Excellent. I liked it all, and so did my waistline. The only thing that was maybe not so perfect is that there was not really a menu rotation, but that could have been because either it was a holiday seasonal thing, or else because we were so far south. The buffet for new year's eve was really nice, although I am not a fan of a buffet. It was really well done, and the food was delicious. Also, it was more served than "come and get it", so there was less chance of people touching everything, which I find less attractive.
I liked the breakfast menu very much, and the whole atmosphere in the breakfast area. Also, we were remembered, which I found astounding. Out of so many people?! Wow!

The Excursions: Wonderful. They were really interesting, and I felt there was a very nice variety of things to do, or not do. We had an amazing hike which lasted all day, with a guy who was from the other side of the border, in Argentina. He knew the whole area like his hand, and he could walk probably for 100 years and not get tired. He drank cocoa tea out of his special cup and straw, and he had lots of stories, if you cared to ask him. We also visited caves in the area with a guy who was originally from France, but married a Chilean lady and was very enthusiastic about the area. He was learning a lot about his environment, and was very eager to share what he was learning about. We had some pretty bad weather during our trips, but it was not a problem because everyone was so full of excitement about what they were doing, what they were discussing and showing us, that it would be literally impossible not to have a great time, even if it had turned into a blizzard.

Verdict: If you can get there, you should definitely go. There is no way anyone would come away from The Singular disappointed. Say Hi to Mary when you get there!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank heavycat69

No more than THANK for you words, for taking your time to share your Singular experience with us

Reviewed April 7, 2014

This was the most amazing hotel I had the pleasure to be in during my Patagonia trip. I was there for two times, once in the beginning of the trip for a few nights, and one night during my return trip.

The hotel is very tastefully integrated into an old factory complex (victorian style). The rooms all have wonderful view towards the sea and have a comfortable bed, bathroom, etc. The restaurant is large and excellent, both for breakfast as well for dinner. Overall, there is a very friendly staff, also quite capable of english, if that is necessary.

I can't think of anything negative to write. A small point to note might be that vegetarians may find it a bit tough to find meals, but they do find it. Just over the cause of several days, you might get into trouble finding diversity, the kitchen is definitely meat centric.

Room Tip: Although all rooms have the same, beautiful view, the rooms on the ground floor are potentially prone to people peeking in, as on the same level as the meadow in front of the hotel and people could potentially walk there. I was staying on the ground floor and was not disturbed by it, the few people who may have walked there all the common decency to not look towards the windows. If necessary, you can close the curtains, of course.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
TheSingularHotels, Gerente at The Singular Patagonia, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

You made the perfect combination, pre-and post visit to the park Torres del Paine, the hotel has all the options for this, a spa with dry sauna, steam room and heated pool at 32 degrees, plus a varied menu of massages, deep tissue, relaxing, anti sress for after treking, you can also leave some of your luggage in our storage and traveling alone with the necessary weight
The restaurant has a varied menu of dishes with meat, fish, pasta and vegetarian accompaniments, an invitation to the taste, thank you for choosing us and share your Singular experience .