Trip advisor is an odd duck. You can give a full service French restaurant and a coffee house both five stars and have it be legitimate. With that said, The Singular sets the bar at a point that few if any others have or will surpass.
The physical plant is like no other, a hotel within a fascinating museum, designed to reflect and blend with all that is around. The rooms are large, with a stunning view. The bathrooms are sumptuous.
The food is top notch, not for hotel food, but for fine dining anywhere. While we were there, they held a meeting for the top chefs from all of Latin America. There's a reason they chose The Singular.
Most importantly though is that the staff is amazing, always attentive, without being intrusive. As oxymoronic as it will sound, you are fawned over, but without knowing it.
The excursions are wonderful and the guides, especially their group of original guides from the hotel's opening are tops.
My only suggestion is that they figure out the logistics to offer regular excursions deeper into the park. The French Valley is beautiful, but not on the regular "menu." There are many more options for the park that they could explore. They just take more time and thus would necessitate an earlier start. It would require guests to accept a different breakfast experience in exchange for deeper exploration.
I came from Atacama from another "5 Star" where a veteran staffer might have been at the hotel for 2 months. You do not find that at The Singular. As long as they continue to pay their staff well and keep them happy, guests will continue to enjoy what for me has been an unparalleled experience.
I've been fortunate to travel extensively and to stay at many fine establishments. The Singular has moved me like no other.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on 100 acres lining the Fjord of Last Hope in Puerto Bories, in the surroundings of Puerto Natales, The Singular Patagonia affords guests the opportunity to experience all Chilean Patagonia has to offer - the true Patagonia. From expeditions to nearby glaciers and horseback riding on private ranches to walking tours of historic Puerto Natales and adventurous treks through famed Torres del Paine, The Singular provides guests the full spectrum of extraordinary and beautiful terrain that is Patagonia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Singular Patagonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Singular Patagonia Hotel Puerto Natales
- The Singular Patagonia Puerto Natales, Aisen Region, Chile