The Singular is truly an amazing place. It’s hard to express just how wonderful an experience we had there. From the original booking, to the checkout, the entire staff was helpful, courteous, efficient, and all-around great. Not only were we able to add on an additional night after a tour was cancelled in Punta Arenas, but they even arranged a pick-up from the airport when our 5am flight landed – and the poor driver must have left the Singular around 2am. On top of that, they arranged for us to visit the penguins at Seno Otway on the way to the airport at departure since we missed the Isla Magdalena tour.
The extra day turned out to be a great decision and really allowed us to get our bearings, walk around Puerto Natales a little, and relax before heading out on all of the excursions the following days. We did the trekking to the Mylodon caves, hike to the base of the towers, all-day trekking in TDP, boat to the glaciers, horse rides around Lake Sofia, and condor trekking. All of the guides were extremely knowledgeable, informative, and encouraging when we needed it, but special thanks goes to Pedro and Cote – both took us on multiple excursions and were absolutely wonderful. While I’ve seen some reviews/comments noting the time it takes to get to TDP, we never found this to be an issue. The drivers/guides were willing to stop whenever you wanted for photos, bathroom breaks, etc., so it really seemed to fly by. In addition to that, it was nice to be able to leave the park and come back to something that’s a little more separated and unique.
The food was tremendous every step of the way. We were there for 6 nights and did not get tired of the menu. There is not a ton of variety (a special or two every few days would be nice), but what they do, they do very well. And the simplest things – soups, pack lunches, snacks – also tended to be some of our favorites. The entire restaurant/bar/lounge area is very inviting, comfortable, and never gets too noisy (even with families of 30+ people gathering). In addition to the food, the drinks, wine, and Singular beer (my favorite) were great.
As you can see, we were very pleased with everything. If nitpicking, the only minor suggestions we would have would be to clean the pool itself (not the entire spa area) a little better and maybe go a little easy on the salt in some of the food dishes – it didn’t bother us, but I could see where it might some people.
Again, a huge thank you to the entire Singular staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the surroundings of Puerto Natales, The Singular Patagonia affords guests the opportunity to experience all Chilean Patagonia has to offer - the true Patagonia. From expeditions to nearby glaciers and horseback riding on private ranches to walking tours of historic Puerto Natales and adventurous treks through famed Torres del Paine, The Singular provides guests the full spectrum of extraordinary and beautiful terrain that is Patagonia. Luxury at the end of the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your The Singular Patagonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Singular Patagonia Hotel Puerto Natales
- The Singular Patagonia Puerto Natales, Aisen Region, Chile