Rodrigo is the reason to stay here. He's wonderful (as many other reviewers have pointed out) and will help with anything you need. The rooms are spotlessly clean and very comfortable, but several are fairly small. A few have nice views of the lake and mountains. Breakfast is simple but ample - toast, cereal, fruit, yogurt, coffee, ham, cheese, cake. Eggs if you'd like them. Gloria makes her own delicious jams.
Rodrigo and Gloria do speak English but prefer Spanish (I can't blame them, I wish I spoke much better Spanish - my fault).
The location is fantastic - close to the main plaza. The town is small and easily walkable. Everything is close by (there's a great laundry place nearby that will deliver your freshly cleaned clothes back to Keoken, though it's not cheap). Definitely make a reservation at Afrigonia for dinner - it's one of the best restaurants of our 3 weeks in Patagonia. E Living is a wonderful place for lunch.
A few downsides:
- Some rooms are small and you may hear your neighbors coming/going or talking/walking above or next to you. We brought earplugs and it wasn't a problem.
- Rodrigo will gladly arrange buses and other things for you but will charge $3,000 CLP (about $6 USD) per ticket. This was fine for longer trips but for the short one from Punta Arenas (which was only $5,000 CLP to begin with), it seemed excessive (a >50% increase in the price). That said, it may be completely worth it - I just wish he'd told us that up front.
- The showers were on the small side and the water pressure and temperature varied quite a bit.
Overall, it was a solid choice and we'd recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Keoken occupies a cozy house, located 200 meters from the main square of Puerto Natales and 200 meters from the seafront. Keoken offers warm and cozy rooms with central heating, box spring 5-star beds, linens and goose down duvets excellent quality, closet and clothes hanger, sidewalks, bars, or individual lamps, and leather armchairs in the room, have private bathroom with shower door, top quality towels, shampoo, conditioner, soap, hairdryer and iron.Breakfast is served in the main dining room, with self service type buffette service, including juices, water, milk, chocolate, herbal tea, cereals, coffee machine, fruit, eggs, butter, jam and pastry.Keoken storage yard has motorcycles or bicycles, garden and a living room with views of the mountains, you can see Glacier Balmaceda and Serrano.It is located 147 kms National Park Torres del Paine, from Keoken can organize all National Park tour and timely book bus tickets to Puerto Natales to Torres del Paine National Park in Punta Arenas and Calafate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Keoken Patagonia Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keoken Patagonia Bed & Breakfast Puerto Natales, Aisen Region, Chile