“If you order the pastel de centolla, you will leave happy”

La Ultima Esperanza
Cuisines: Seafood, Chilean, South American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Boulder, Colorado
“If you order the pastel de centolla, you will leave happy”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

If I were to rate this restaurant only on the pastel de centolla (king crab pie), I would give it an excellent review. It's not cheap but it is loaded with crab and simply delicious. The king crab platter, which is also loaded with crab, isn't nearly as interesting. Lots of crab, for sure, but like so much food in Chile, kind of blah. This is a country where pepper isn't routinely seen on restaurant tables!

The fried calamari and my husband's fish were fresh and tasty.

The centolla is expensive, but the rest of the menu is pretty reasonable with decent portions on everything.

Homey interior with lots of Chilean's and tourists. Staff doesn't speak a lot of English which can be a challenge. Our waiter misunderstood my beer order, but they gave me the one I wanted, no argument. After that, I let my husband do the ordering; he speaks Spanish!

• Visited January 2014

• Polish first
Tallinn, Estonia
“Ultimate fail ehk totaalne eba6nn”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Horrible meals, mussels soup and fried calamari were very salty. Three waitresses did 101 other things in the dining room, ran randomly from one corner to another and made pre-table covering for the next day "only one evening visitors" but the last they noticed were the customers in real time on the site. We sat there tens minutes and nothing did no happen. Invoice included water we ever did not get in reality. This restaurant needs urgent advice and know how by straightforward Gordon Ramsey :) Anyway avoid this place whatever you have heard about this place previously.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Poor food, overpriced”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The chicken we ordered was rare at one part. My husband didn't notice until he had put it in his mouth. The salads are poor and overpriced. The service is no good. I would never go there and would never advice anyone to go there neither.

• Visited January 2014
Phuket, Thailand
“Excellent service comes with high price”
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

At least two locals recommended me Esperanza. Located close to plaza de Amar, this restaurant is very easy to find. In my opinion, it was not that great. King crab platter was fresh from the sea, but pretty tasteless. This is a fine dinning restaurant, so the price is quite high (I paid 20000 for king crab, orange juice and ice cream) but they gave very good service, so I am not complaining. Ice-cream was pretty good. I do not want to judge this restaurant by only eating king crab so I am open to go there again to try other seafood, maybe it is better.

“Excellent seafood!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant has a very good ambience. Service is good, the waiters are a bit slow, but the food quality and taste totally worth the little waiting time.