We stayed in Kaweskar for 2 nights prior to embarking on the 8 day Paine circuit and for 2 nights after
Omar has trekked the full circuit 27 times and because of that he absolutely knows what is important for both before and after the trek
Highlights (so many it is easier to write bullets!):
Before the trek:
- fabulous abundant breakfast - Omar makes everyone egg omelettes individually, there is toast with Nutella, dulce de leche, jam, butter etc, cereal, yoghurt, peaches, coffee, tea and orange - just the fuel you need
- Omar gets good prices on bus tickets and organises this for you (not just to the park but to other destinations, as well as the Navimag)
- you can rent equipment - I initially rented a sleeping bag from the main place in town (no names) although it was old and smelly so I took it back and took one of Omar's instead - he washes them after every use and they are relatively new and very warm - very important!
- you can hire a locker to store your stuff when you are away
- scales to weigh your pack before you set out
After the trek:
- chocolates in reception to boost energy when you arrive exhausted!
- hot hot showers with good pressure
- Feather down duvets - just what you need after several nights in a cold tent!
- fast and efficient laundry service
- reliable Internet!
- TV with films
- nice social atmosphere
Omar is a fabulous host - he clearly enjoys what he does and goes out of his way to do a good job. He is sometimes run off his feet trying to cater for everyone but always delivers and never forgets a request
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Backpackers Kawashkar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Backpackers Kawashkar Puerto Natales, Aisen Region, Chile