“not as great as others have written, but still good”
Review of Amares Costafusion

Amares Costafusion
Ranked #1 of 170 Restaurants in Antofagasta
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My chief complaint centers on the salmon canneloni, which was for some reason way too salty. Don't they sample this stuff before bringing it out? No complaints on the amares sour, their version of a pisco sour, or the wine - bottled - or coffee - illy. Service and ambience were fine but who cares when you're pasta is salty!!!?

There are newer reviews for Amares Costafusion

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Amares is not a big place and it’s very busy, so you better make reservation or come early. The kitchen categorized as Peruvian, but it’s not the traditional Peruvian food. The décor is modern at the atmosphere is vibrant. Our waiter spoke English and they had menus in English. We order the empanadas sampler as an appetizer and it was very good. The main dish – entraña with risotto – wasn’t that great. It tasted good but the risotto was too soggy and the meat was too tough.

1  Thank David177
Reviewed July 6, 2013

No wonder Antares is the number one restaurant in Antofagasta according to TripAdvisor. I certainly second this rating. In my experience, this Peruvian-food restaurant would be rated 4-5 stars anywhere in the world for its tasty, fresh and creative food and cocktails; its fine (Chilean) wine selection; attentive and friendly service; and nice atmosphere. The fact that such a great restaurant is located in Antofagasta makes other good restaurants compete for a very distant second place. Open Mon-Sat evenings and Mon-Sun for lunch. Smoking is no longer allowed in this restaurant. Do make reservations; it was really full when I was there on a Sat evening.

1  Thank c7ed
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel. We visited and enjoyed the meal. Unlike many chefs in Chile they are focused on ringing fusion to Peruvian. On the whole they are getting it right. The level of English is good. The wine selection is varied but mostly Chilean. This hotel seems to attract a business crowd and was very busy by nine o clock. Make a reservation in advance.

1  Thank reybro
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Thursday night about 8PM - place is empty, but they offer just the only option to seat one...Kind of upsetting - because the place is empty. Looks like tn the most troubled spot - on the crossing of the personnel's ways.
Thursday night about 9PM - the place is packed, people wait by the door for a table. My table had proven to be one of the best - because every couple of minutes the top-model type female maitre d passed in in out right in front of me - adding to the pleasure of enjoying the best dinner in Antofagasta.
The next night we indeed had a trouble because of the lack of the non-smokers zone - our friend with children had been refused admission. But no hard feelings - I paid for the half-empty bottle of vine and we had left the table for six for someone lucky to get it last minute.
In the fuss I had forgotten my little camera on the table - and returned to claim it after the dinner at Mochika. Before I managed to explain the matter to the above mentioned maitre d a waiter was there with my camera in his hand.
I concur with my stomach - this is the best place in town. Don't forget about booking well in advance - and Bon Appetite!