“great food but impatient staff”
Review of Soufala - CLOSED

Soufala
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great food but impatient staff”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

The chef is actually greek, 'nuf said. I asked a lot of q's bc i eat some meat/fish but am very picky. Instead of simply responding to the inquiries, my waitress got impatient and demanded i order smthg just to be done with it and apparently bc i was already using the precious wifi to translate. kinda essential when there's no menu in english. she even grabbed the chef to help me, but constantly ignored my plea to wait a few minutes and leave me alone. although i appreciated the chef's guidance, i felt like they just wanted an order in. customer service is obviously a low priority when they don't even honor your request to be left alone. the atmosphere is fine for lunch - housewife boisterous - though i can imagine it feels a bit informal at dinner.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank jiamitji

New York City, New York
“Very nice Greek surprise in Antofagasta”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I checked restaurants on TripAdvisor after I arrived in Antofagasta in the evening, and decided to try Soufala -a good choice! The moussaka was very tasty and freshly done. The staff were very helpful and friendly, although a bit shy (a common attitude in Chile). The prices were fair. The restaurant is not very charming because the lighting is strong (common in Chile, I find), but its location is very central, by a park in an area of town just southeast of the port, with many restaurants and bars. All in all, a very nice dinner. Yes, I do recommend it.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank c7ed
Temuco, Chile
“sorprendente”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

my first impression was oops this place is empty, and that means for me that probably this place is not the best option, but we enjoyed, very good meal, with a good service for a good price. i ate the osobucco and was a very good option. the arabian appetizer is very good too.

Visited March 2012