Ibis Douala
$84
$61
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrooms are small but cleanenjoyed my stayother hotelscentral africarestaurant barchannels on tvthe hotel is cleanbeansbuffet stylecomfortable stayairport shuttleper nightbusiness hotelsecuritycameroonspeedluxury
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 13, 2012

This place was al right for the purpose of sleep. It was located in central Douala from what I remember. I remember our rooms were not that clean so we spent a few mins every night cleaning after the cleaning staff. I remember their pool was good. There is a lift in the hotel. It was cheaper than other hotels in the city. but I would advise against this hotel and to look at other options. I believe that the room sizes are good. Any ways the last time I stayed here was in 2009 so better to check at other reviews.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank youngSaudiTraveller
An Accor traveler
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 27, 2012

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I had a wonderful stay at this hotel. Compared to the other hotels I stayed in Douala this was the best bang for the buck. For the price, you cannot beat the quality of the room. The bed was very comfortable, the rooms were very clean, there was free internet access and good tv reception. The breakfast in the morning left a little to be desired but it wasn't bad, just wished the variety and selection was larger. In all, Ibis Douala is my recommendation if you are visiting Douala. I utilized Trip Advisor and stayed at their number one rated hotel for Douala and what a mistake. Not sure who was writing reviews for those hotels but they were completely off. Stay here and you will not regret it.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Wilfredo D
Bruno B, Directeur général at Ibis Douala, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Douala. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

I was staying 2 nights in Ibis in Douala. Room was like standard Ibis style bedroom which you can find all around the world. Restaurant and bar were lovely. Welcome and very warm. Breakfast excellent again like in other hotels Ibis cooked and continental buffet. I really liked swimming pool just next to restaurant. Staff were nice and everything was perfect. But the reason I did't give full rating is because air condition in the room. It gives me flue. And widows are locked (because of air condition). Outside very hot (and I like it:)) but inside cold. Not every one can mange it. But apart from this I really like this hotel. If GM keep checking this comments, I would like to say Well Done. And say hello to this nice girl which work during the breakfast. I use to work for Ibis in UK, and Ibis in Douala is more that you use to in UK. And people who complaining about room size no fridge in the room, not enough English channel?? Helloo?? First this is 2 stars hotel so don't expect miracle, second in Cameroon you can smoke in side the hotel, clubs, restaurants. French is the main language This is old French colony so of course most of the channels will be in French (I find 3 in English). Any way I didn't came there to sit and watch the moves. Just know a little bit place and stop criticize. For me it's a good hotel with 24h security. Definitely I will be back.

Room Tip: Choose top floor rooms. Definitely book breakfast too.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mauretania122
Bruno B, Directeur général at Ibis Douala, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2012

Reviewed December 26, 2011

The staff is very friendly, professional and welcomes customers.

Room Tip: Rooms are comfortable and clean.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Josephine B
Bruno B, Directeur général at Ibis Douala, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2012