“Amazing team to go beyond Angkor”

Hidden Cambodia Adventure Tours
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Established in 2001, We provide sustainable day & multi-day cultural (Angkor, Siem Reap, Phnom Penh, Battembong), Adventure (4WD, dirt bike, walking, trekking, camping), ecotourism on the lake , incentive / corporate and humanitarian holiday packages & tailor made tours catering for individuals, small and large groups & families, throughout the country.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Hong Kong, China
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Amazing team to go beyond Angkor”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We were staying next door at la Villa Coloniale with my niece and just walked in Hidden's headquarters to be greeted by Sheila who told us what they do. We wanted to explore the area beyond Angkor but could not stay overnight, so we went on a one day private tour to Koh Ker, stopping at the Dam Daek market, at Beng Meala and a small local school on the way back. We ended up singing a popular French song to the kids in return for their performance... The whole day was full of great experiences, the sites were remote and beautiful, the people we met were very welcoming, and our guide was amazing - an ex teacher, and although I would naturally worry when teachers leave children education for "better" jobs, I obviously very much appreciated the knowledge and kindness.
I would do more than a day next time (much more than a day...) to leave more room to unknown situations but this day was already a wonderful teaser. Many thanks to the team at HCAT!

Visited December 2013
4 Thank Natalie R
asiaactivetravel, Manager at Hidden Cambodia Adventure Tours, responded to this review, April 26, 2017
Thanks you for writing the report on your one day 4WD tour to Koh Ker temple complex, located in the neighbouring province of Preah Vihear. We were delighted to assist you last minute and arrange this exciting tour for you both and that your found the guide top notch. We were happy you also got a chance to see outside Siem Reap, to see the amazing complex at Koh Ker and all the other attractions you fitted in. Thank you for traveling with us and we hope to welcome you back again.

Singapore, Singapore
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Kampong Khleng with Guide Lom”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Excellent guide if you are looking at spending time in the non-touristy place at Kampung Khleng. Fantastic boat ride into Tonle Sap with a guide who grew up in that place and knows it inside out. He's very willing to share information especially when it comes to fishing. Lovely walks into the local wet markets and trying local food ( non-Pub Street type). You can get to know more about the Cambodian culture and life through him. Do engage his service if you are looking into visiting Kampong Khleng with Hidden Cambodia.

Visited December 2013
3 Thank Ashley S
Thank you for your review of our one day tour of the eco tourism community of Khampong Khleng. This tours was set up in 2008 with the assistance of FAO a government body funded by the EEC and their tourism consultant, who was looking to get community tourism started here on this part of the great lake. We were delighted to be the first to have been brought out there to tour and see the possibilities. Since then, we have forged the strong links and ties with the community and are welcome to many private houses and locations along this river inlet. We are delighted to be working with specialised guide and in this case a Ministry of Tourism guide who was born and bred on this part of the Tonle Sap Lake.
Seattle
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Hidden Cambodia Adventure Tours Does it Again!”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

TA introduced me to HCAT 2 years ago on my first trip to Cambodia. They did such an awesome job of arranging a 1 day temples tour & a combo 4WD/dirt bike trip for my daughter & I that I didn't hesitate to work w/ them again. This time I had them book & arrange everything for us from hotels, shows, temple tours, meals, 4WD & 2 day dirt bike tour for 3 of my friends & I.

Its so easy to work with Ms. Sheila & her team. We exchanged e-mails until our plans were finalized. Everything was just perfect from the time they picked us up from the airport to the time we left 5 days later. Ms Sheila or Mr. Paul would call us daily to ensure we are having a great time.

Mr. Lam was our guide for the entire trip & it was like meeting an old friend as he was also our guide in 2011. Our visit to the Tonle Sap Lake area was just more meaningful because he was born & raised there. We were there November so it was getting into the busy season but Mr. Lam knew how to steer us away from the crowds & get excellent pictures.

Mr. Paul is quite the character and very funny. But that doesn't deter from the fact that he is safety oriented. My friend & I don't have a lot of experience riding motorcycles so he made sure the roads are challenging enough yet not too dangerous for us.

We appreciate everyone. Our cooks, drivers, guide, the booking staff for their prompt replies. I had a list of foods I wanted and sure enough they were included in the meals. We had the best seats at the Apsara Dinner Show. Our trip was just the perfect balance of meeting our sense of adventure & immersing ourselves in the culture. Thank you so much Hidden Cambodia Adventure Tours. I'm already planning my 5 day dirt bike tour for my next visit :).

3 Thank craulocsol
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful Private tour”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We spent a month in Cambodia and all was superbly well organized by the Hidden Cambodia team. Paul, a local, knows Cambodia, its roads (and their condition!), its cities, villages and all hotels and other lodgings like the back of his hand and Sheila organizes everything in the slighted details to perfection. Drivers and guides were invariably knowledgeable and friendly open to our many wishes and demands. Unavoidably over a month period some changes had to be made and Sheila and her team were always available for last minute reroutings, hotel bookings and travel arrangements. At end of each day regular daily phone calls to check if all was well kept us in touch even from the remotest areas. Sheila is like a mother hen watching over her flock !! For tours from rough dirt bike rides, four wheel back country or guided temple visits in Angkor one could not be in better hands.
Gabriel and Huguette

3 Thank 101Huguette
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Introducing Cambodia's culture to travellers”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Cambodia's tourist industry is stumbling rapidly forward, finding a knowledgeable, reputable tour liaison is a minefield.
Hidden Cambodia's experience and local born guides avoids such issues with ease. We recently spent a number of days 'discovering' the fabric of the people with Sheila's chosen guide , Mr Lom. Ours was in car, on foot , in boat and on mountain bike. Without hesitation a first class experience all round.

2 Thank Blackswan1968