So nice and charming when they want your money but if you complain they just laugh at you and demand payment. Since there were NO positives about this place, the following list will obviously contain only negative points:
- air conditioner broke down and leaked all night but no one would fix it...Legionnaire's anyone?
- we had to ask for toilet paper, towels and for the water to be turned on in our room everyday
- they offered to take us to the temples on a moto for a ridiculous price, we ended up getting a tuktuk for so much cheaper by bargaining in the streets
- took them two days to do our laundry which they wanted to charge us for (we refused when we checked out)
- we asked for our room to be serviced and all they did was change the beds, never mind the fact that they were dirty
- their child screams till all hours of the night, then starts again at 6am. They do nothing stop it, in fact it seems as though they encourage it...because everyone just loves sleep deprivation!!
- every time we complained they acted like they had no idea what we were talking about
- when we checked out we complained one last time and they laughed at us and demanded their money
This place is seriously ridiculous. We ended up leaving and finding a great hotel called Neth Socheata Angkor Guest House (near the old market), it was so much better in every possible way.
If and only if you hate your holiday and yourself then stay at this hotel....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WHERE EAST MEETS WESTS...... We are a budget guesthouse, but we believe our service is first class. We want to give our guests the Asian experience, but also satisfy them with the Western expectation of cleanliness and efficiency. All our customer service staff speak good English, and are always available to assist you, in any way to make your stay with us enjoyable. Through our guesthouse we also support some village schools who teach English for free to poor children, and we also support our staff, by finding them sponsors so that they, and their families can have some financial assistance when and if necessary, and also to assist them to go to university. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Angkor Voyage Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angkor Voyage Villa (Our Best Western Guesthouse) Hotel Siem Reap
- Angkor Voyage Hotel