Angkor Voyage Villa
  • Breakfast included
$115
$62
$120
All reviewspub streetnight marketshort walkold markettours
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We only planned to stay in Siem Reap for 3 days. But after 1 night we ended up deciding to stay for 10. This place is gold, extremely central to Siem Reap! On top of its great location, Claire and her staff went above and beyond what we ever expected.
Our room was comfortable and air conditioned, all tours where brilliant and are organised through the staff at the Guest House.

I would also like to say and make you aware that all the negative reviews on here seem to be BEFORE Claire took over, she's done a lot of work with this place and already after a few days I am missing them all so very much! Claire has some great knowledge about local schools needing volunteers if your interested.

Thank you Best Western team! And congratulations to the owner. Your hard work and passion for the Khmer people shows every day!

See you next year!

Room Tip: Your choice between A/C and non A/C but make sure you take a look out the 2nd floor window at the neighbours pool!! Haha
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is such a lovely place to stay you feel welcome and at home as soon as you arrive. Claire and all of her staff are so friendly and always willing to help. They can sort out bus tickets,circus tickets,tuk tuks for you , everything was so easy to do and the staff are so laid back and nice everything always gets sorted out. Me and my boyfriend also volunteered at a local school and the guesthousr can also help you arrange this. Really recommend to stsy there!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in this guesthouse that a tuk tuk driver introduced us to. Nice rooms with reasonable price. The staff was helpful especially the manager claire! She helped us contact the bus company for our trip to Phnom Penh.

I Really recommend this guesthouse!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is our second time staying at the guesthouse.Same wonderful staff, always helpful.Nothing is too much trouble, tours organised, bike hire. Great food and service.Loved every minute. Cocktails, Le Claire and Le Bob, highly recommended!

Room Tip: It's hot in Siem Reap, pick an air-conditioned room!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2013

A wonderful place to stay in Siem Reap.

I initially booked a night, due to arrive very late on a bus from Laos, unfortunately the bus broke down and I didn't make it on that occasion. I emailed Claire as soon as I had access to apologize for not showing and let her know what had happened. She was most relieved to hear from me and know that I was safe and sound.

When I made it back to Siem Reap a couple of weeks later, I booked again for 6nights at Our Best Western. Arriving by bus at a more reasonable time, their tuktuk driver met me at the bus stop (in torrential downpour)! At the guesthouse Claire welcomed me by name and immediately enveloped me in her friendliness. The Khmer staff were equally as friendly and were great in sorting me out to my room.
I had a very lazy few days vegeing out in the guesthouse, the room was very clean and comfortable. I ventured down for brunch and had the delicious corn fritters, a great taste of home! The guesthouse was an easy and safe stroll to the center of Siem Reap... Pub Street, Night Markets and everything you'd want.

After my initial stay I went to Cambodia Wildlife Sanctuary (connected to Elephant Nature Park in Chiang Mai, Thailand) where I volunteered for a week with elephants.
On my return to town, I stayed again at Our Best Western for my last night, and was sad to farewell Claire and her staff early my last morning in Cambodia!

**also, if you are at all interested, talk to Claire about volunteer opportunities. They are very involved in several local schools.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo