“Nice budget option in Siem Reap”

New Bequest Angkor Hotel
Ranked #294 of 488 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Melbourne Beach, Florida
“Nice budget option in Siem Reap”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Nice size rooms with refrigerator-a/c and wi-fi. Close to the old market and pub street. Helpful staff. Breakfast is ok and they start serving around 6am to get you started early to the temples. I stayed here last year also and have no complaints.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The room was awful, smelt like mould, uncomfortable bed, weird rubbery pillow, no kettle or anything to make a cuppa, the fridge turns off when the key is out. Breakfast was terrible, made the wrong order, no juice, undrinkable coffee.
The staff were pushy, organised tours and tuk tuks, when we had said no thank you and were unhappy with us when we didnt follow through on their plans and let us know they were not happy. We had a tuk tuk out the front have a go at us because he had been waiting for a few hours for us, he was told to be there, staff tried to railroad us.
They just didnt listen to us at all.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 516MissTi

Travelers are raving about these Siem Reap hotels

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I enjoy my stay in Siem Reap. The staffs here are friendly. When I asked something they will help me willingly. Hotel location is very near to the night market and pub street. I feel safety when i walked out at night with my family. The room rate, on the other hand, is reasonable and I would like to recommend all to my friend.

Room Tip: First floor room number 209 is nice, just like 3 star hotel room. I enjoy it very much !
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I opted for this hotel mainly on the price range. I paid only USD40 for 3 nights without breakfast for a double bed. The bed was made everyday and towels were changed too. It was clean and i had no reasons to complain. The hotel itself was in a strategic location as it was nearby to Pub Street and the various night markets. The staff was pleasant and helpful, i enquired about the Apsara dance and they obliging enough to recommend me some places. The hotel was equipped with WiFi which made things much easier when u want to find instant information on the city. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed October 7, 2012

It was our tuktuk driver who referred us to New Bequest Angkor Hotel. It was very affordable. The place was clean. The staff were very friendly. It is a few minutes walk from the hotel to the main area where restaurants are located. It is almost next to the main road and very accessible.

Since this was the only hotel we went to right away, we tried checking other places and we realized that we have the best value for our money in New Bequest. I will definitely recommend this place to my friends. The owner is very friendly too.

2 thumbs up my friend.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Hotel location is good - very close to the the centre but quiet at the same time.
The room was OK for the price of 12 USD, large, clean air-con working well, fridge. The only thing for me but I also checked the other guest houses in the area was that the sheets and towels are kind of old and not crispy white and spotless. That was also the case in many other places we visited in Vietnam and Cambodia and I guess the best option is to get your own sheet to cover the bed if that bothers you and your own towels.
They have a free tuk-tuk pick up from the bus station, and when we arrived at 1 a.m. (the bus had a 3 h delay) he was still waiting there with a card with our name on it.
All the staff are extremely nice. They printed for us our booking confirmation for the next trip for free, called our driver (who was not booked by them) when we asked.
I don't recommend the breakfast as you get better food and for half the price just across the street for 1,50 USD.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ZosiaT
Chester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I very much enjoyed my 10 day stay at this quest house. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were almost boutique. I enjoyed this quest house as much as the city and country side of Siem Reap. The massages at this guest house were only $7 for oil. I also ate my meals from this guest house as they were specially cooked for me. I will always seek out this guest house when I am in Siem Reap.

Room Tip: If you pay at the guest house with cash it will be cheaper.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo