See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 26, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Lotus Lodge with our three sons in late April 2009. I had read good reviews on trip advisor and was hoping it would live up to its reputation. Initially I was quite disappointed with the rooms (we had two) as they're a little older and run down, but once we'd met the staff I knew we'd found a little gem. This is a three star resort with seven star service. Truly fabulous people! The rooms are certainly clean. Very clean. The air-conditioning really struggled to keep up with demand (April is the hottest time in Siem Reap) and our room barely went below 30c so sleeping was difficult. Everything else about the hotel was absolutely first class. The pool was fantastic (although could do with some shaded areas). The open air restaurant served beautiful food and has the most charming maitre'D you'll ever come across. A really lovely gentle man. On arrival we were served a welcome drink - an Angkor Green Forest. I love it! Someone send me the recipe please! Chun (spelling?!) sat with us and talked us through the hotel rules and conditions and options for tours etc. He was so friendly and really made an effort to know the children. At dinner, Andre (the owner) introduced himself to us. What a wonderful man! All the staff made us feel so welcome. The children absolutely loved the pool (it's deep) and the pool table and thought the resort the best so far. A trip up the water tower showed gorgeous views over Siem Reap, all the way out to Angkor Wat. Angkor Wat is every bit as good as you think it will be! The Lotus Lodge staff kindly helped us with tuktuks and guides at standard prices, so we didn't have to haggle. The internet connection was the slowest yet in south east asia. I hope to visit the Lotus Lodge again some day when it's not so hot! And if you need a tour guide for Angkor Wat, ask for Pisa. He was fantastic!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2009

Stayed here three nights at the end of a motorcycle tour.
Hotel is clean, rooms are large enough an OK, except for the bathroom, which is too small with a very unpeasantly looking and change-worthy shower curtain.
Lighting in room and bathroom somewhat depressing. Aircon works fine.
The pool is a disappointment, because it is a saltwater pool. That is nit the problem, the problem is, that they frequently have to add salt in large amounts and when they do that, you can forget swimming for hours...
Restaurant is ok; evening food much better than the breakfast. Cocktais are good, had one of the best B52´s ever.
Worst of all is the location; about 2 km out of Siem Reap or anything, on an unpaver street with tons of garbage lying around an dead rats on the street. If this is an "oasis", as it has been said, then indeed it is, an oasis from the dirty and ugly surrounding. For this reason, I would never select this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2009

My husband, 4 year old son and myself just spent 5 nights at the lotus lodge. The lodge and staff became our home away from home. The staff were wonderful with our 4 year old son Cooper anhd played with him all the time. A special thanks to Be be the labrador dog for being his friend, we hope you have lots of beautiful puppies. The rooms were clean and very comfortable, especially the beds (they are firm but still a little soft, I didn't get sore areas). The food in the restaurant was delicious and very reasonably priced, especially the cooked pork spring rolls. We had buffet breakfast a few mornings and then we had to order off the menu for the remaining. I personally enjoyed the menu breakfast better. We booked our tours of Angkor wat with a car driver and guide and the price was the going rate. Our driver was very safe and our guide Pissa was fantastic. He was young and has a baby of his own so he was good at entertaining our son and babysitting so we could enjoy the temples. He was also very informative. I have his mobile number is anyone wants to contact him and will post it later. The resort is a little out of town but there is a mini bus at night which is free and will take you to the old market and bring you back. Otherwise a tuk tuk costs us$3 in to town. We enjoyed the peace and quiet of the resort. We also booked a tour to the floating village with dinner on the tara boat which we enjoyed. Everything I booked before we arrived went to plan which was great. A huge thank you to Lotus Lodge and all your wonderful staff. I can't recommend this resort more highly.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2009

Spent couple of nights in this charming place a bit far from the main animation of downtown of Siem Reap, less of 5 mn by tuk tuk.
Rooms are simple but clean and comfortable includfing satellite TV channels.
Nice restaurant for meals including a buffet breakfast with the sounds of the birds.
Pleasant navy blue tiles swimming pool.

Perfect place for families or people tired and stress by the daily city life.

Extremely well managed by Lily and all her team, they know everything and for sure will provide you their best smile as Cambodian people can do if you spend just couple of mimutes to chat with them.

All the best...

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed March 24, 2009

Upon check-in I was not sure I was going to be staying long at the Lotus Lodge. Although the rooms are clean and amply spacious (I had a $35 twin-bedded room with a window, a/c, fan & desk) the lighting is weird and quite depressing. I was greatly disappointed by the bathroom, which was dark, dank and small with a tiny shower that is essentially just a drain in the floor. . That being said, I am used to more upscale accommodations overall. The hot water is derived from a finicky water heater in the shower. Service did make up for many of Lotus Lodge's flaws. A "maintenance" person appeared immediately following my requests for help. The pool is a great treat after a hot day temple hopping. The laundry was done perfectly -- and quite quickly. Breakfast was adequate but not special. Mostly overcooked fried eggs, coffee and tea on a burner and some fresh fruit and toast. Be forewarned: the internet connection is very slow. I think this probably holds true anywhere in Siem Reap. Spring rolls, Angkor beer and mojitos were a hit at the poolside bar. Another thing worth mentioning is that the ladies at the reception desk completely turn off the electricity in your room when you leave it. So, anything you have cooled in the fridge, or anything that you are charging (ipod, camera battery, etc.) gets shut down. The evening minivan to town was very useful and they were very accommodating in dropping us off where we needed to be.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends