“lovely place and great staff”
Review of Lotus Lodge

Lotus Lodge
Ranked #211 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed at this place for five nights in May 2014. Arrived a bit late in Siem Reap but the coirtesy tuktuk driber was still there to meet me. Although this hotel is a little way (aboit 10 mins drive) from the neart of the city that was part of the attraction for me. I mean I love a drink and a pub but I do recoil from staying near the centre where one of fhe streets is called "Pub Street". Anyway guests get one free tuktuk ride to town each day before 9pm. The rooms were nice enough for the price and so was bathroom. Aircon was effective. Decor and gardens were nice and relaxing. Pool was nice..... but maybe staff should be told not to put music on by the pool the whole time. Maybe it is me but I suspect the music was for the staff rather than guests. The other negative is that sometimes it was difficult to rouse the night receptionist which sometimes involved rattling the gates and shouting, thus waking the local canine residents. Female staff were extremely nice though and were very sweet and helpful. I woild definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Great atmosphere away from town noise, with a shuttle service to town. And as what I always look for, Price for performance! None in Siem Reap give the same facilities for the bargain price. + what I always love, owner is the face, so you could ask for anything without getting a systematic staff answer of "No sir, we don't have".

Room Tip: Ask the owner for anything, he's nearly always there.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank AE_Raees
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I stayed here for a week and thoroughly enjoyed the experience! The hotel is beautiful with lots of flowers, greenery, a fish pond, a great cafe/pool bar and a swimming pool that is the perfect way to end a hot summer day. The restaurant had a great selection of cuisines to choose from and everything I ate was delicious. There's also lots of fruit shakes, smoothies and cocktails to choose from too. The staff are lovely and the rooms are kept very tidy and clean. The beds are comfortable and the TV has a vast selection of international channels to choose from. It really is the perfect place to stay, away from the hustle and bustle of downtown city Siem Reap. There is also a complimentary tuk-tuk shuttle coupon, that will take you into town and tuk-tuk's are always ready and waiting at the gates! Hot Tip: Take a trip up the stairs to the hotel viewpoint for a cocktail as the sun sets over Siem Reap!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ailey M
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Spent about 5 nights here and I can't really complain. The rooms were nice, the beds feel great, restaurant had good food. and im very pickie The swimming area was fab although the water wasn't that cool. Understandable as it's sitting under the bright sun all day. with i loved Lots of greenery here remember me of home also and lots of space. The people working here were nice and helpful a girl name maya that be work there in the days to come help me out alot about this place even preparing breakfast box for me to go to the temples the next day for sunrise. withw as awesome of them I'd recommend asking reception which floating village to go to before just hopping into a tuk tuk as one of the villages is overrun with tourists and is a scam. I wanted to extend my stay the the lotus lodge but i had a plane ticket out. The staff were so nice here and i loved just lounging around the hotel. i love just see things and the hotel give me that time after,time sometimes I would just spend hours doing nothing. really wanting to go back the place made not scary of be so far from home but a new being and into a new world

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris A
Reviewed June 8, 2014

- Stayed here a while back ago with my girlfriend. We were picked up at the bus station which was quite a nice touch. It was free of course. The driver brought us to the hotel which was in a more quiet neighborhood which was great as me and my girlfriend were looking for some quiet time after the busy hustle and bustle of Bangkok. It was great to come to a nice clean room after the 10 hour bus ride we endured coming from Bangkok. We both then had massages in our room which was nice and then went for a swim and just chilled out at the hotel the entire day. The hotel booked all of our tours for us which was nice. We spent a few days exploring the temples, a floating village and we even spent an afternoon in the countryside. The staff were all very nice, good managers, and beautiful hotel. I would love to spend more time here

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Giovanny Z
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed at the lotus lodge back in January and it was my first time in Cambodia and Asia. After this trip, It really really made me think about how I would like to spend more time in Asia. The hotel is very affordable and the staff make this place one of the best places I've stayed at. I hung out with the staff almost every other night. The food in the restaurant was awesome and good sized portions. I would recommend the Sweet N Sour. Sooo delicious. Of course the pool was amazing. I am excited to return to this hotel next year!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tyler W
Reviewed May 30, 2014

hi, My wife and I got picked up at the airport from a very long flight and were quite happy when we saw our names on a sign. The Tuk Tuk driver brought us to the hotel which was about 20 minutes from the airport. The hotel was situated in a local community neighborhood which was quite interesting. The streets in Cambodia are quite hectic so it was good to be in this tranquility. Lots of space here with lots of gardens. The people working at the hotel were quite friendly, the pool was large and nice. Tuk Tuks to town were free which was great. The bikes weren't in the best condition but you can rent really good ones in town for a dollar so no biggy. Overall, it was a pretty good value. Also the staff warned us about some of the scams in town, so be careful with going into town and being hustled. Ask the staff about that.

Room Tip: it not bad..see it for urself..
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple