See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed for 6 days & 5 nights. The hotel is a ways from town so is nice and quiet. Rooms are clean and good sized. Staff are super friendly. They picked us up at the airport even though it was late at night. They have a free shuttle into town to the "old market" area where there's tons of restaurants & shops. Nice pool and a buffet type breakfast - fresh breads , eggs cooked any way , pancakes and fruits. Beds are comfortable . We will stay there again when we come back!!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2014

It was lovely to be met unexpectedly at the airport and taken in a tuk-tuk to the hotel - the same driver took us to Angkor Wat which was great. I liked being out of town and great to relax buy the pool after sight seeing. One trip into Siem Reap town was fun but enough. The staff were very friendly and helpful and we liked the food. The service a bit slow when very busy but what's the hurry?! Good experience.

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank linda m
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

I must say that I have been quite disappointed with my stay at lotus lodge. The staff have been friendly and helpful and I have no issue what so ever with them. My problem is with other things such as: our room having no hot water, the air conditioning not working properly and spitting water all over the room. There was no safe and no fridge in the room and the bathroom was falling apart. The room was cleaned only twice in the 5 nights we stayed and I had laundry done which I found in the lobby. No one told me it was there, so lucky I found it.
I'm pretty easy to please but I'm disappointed with my overall stay at lotus lodge.

1  Thank Susan G
Reviewed January 15, 2014

My group of friends and I visited this hotel over Christmas time until the New Year. When we arrived it was late in the evening and the hotel was very accommodating to get us from the airport to their place, a little bit out of the center of town in a local area which was a nice change as we had just come from staying at a hotel in the center of Phnom Pehn. Javier the owner from Canada was there to greet us on arrival and get us settled. He's a very friendly guy and was happy to share any info on Siem Reap or the hotel with us. What struck us was his honesty as he pointed the pros and flaws around the hotel that he was working on improving. You don't see this honesty in hoteliers too often. Oh ya, they threw a rockin Christmas party for the guests and staff. Great night guys from all of us who stayed with you over Christmas and the New Year.

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank robbyprost
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Having read the reviews I would suggest you check your room meets them. I had more than one room so can say the quality varied. In one there was no fridge and no secure draw our safe. There was no hot water either despite being pointed out three times in the five night stay. In addition the air con was pathetic. In summer it would be hopeless. Yet each room was the same price.

Most annoying were the late make up of rooms negation any afternoon rest and late night drinking smoking and discussing outside our room which appeared to be the staff. There is a perfectly adequate bar and common area for it.

We travel widely and for the price this hotel needs to attend to the ambivalent and varying standards of rooms in a growing market of more central offerings.

Trip type: Traveled with friends