See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 19, 2013

If you need a very clean place to stay that has a friendly staff that will go the extra mile to make you feel like you are important, this is it. The prices are outstanding and the rooms are homey and comfortable. The knowledgeable staff also arranged tours such as the village tour and home cooked meal at a farm that I did not see offered anywhere else. The relaxing poolside bar/restaurant served up good drinks and food with a nice breakfast included. So much is offered here for the money, that the traveler can't go wrong. A great place to see the real Cambodia and beats all those big expensive hotels hands down because of it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Pretty average accommodation with an awesome pool. Its located in a quiet neighborhood about 5 to 10 minutes from town. On a hot day the pool is great to jump into especially after touring around Angkor! There are free bicycles to go explore the surrounding area which is quite un-touristy for a change. Also free transportation to anywhere in town. Rooms are clean and simple but the a/c worked great and the bed comfy. Good stay for a good price.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 15, 2013

The staff and service made this trip. They were so helpful, professional and generous. It was so nice to have free tuk tuks between 9 am and 9 pm and some movies in the lobby to watch. The pool was really clean as well.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Now that we've left to thailand, we realize how much we miss cambodia! the value at lotus lodge is great and there are a lots of little things that make the stay so great like the free tuk tuk into town every day to the city and the friendly staff. the pool is probably the best part, especially relaxing at the outdoor restaurant cafe in the morning have a coffee and breakfast. its a great start to the day! definitely recommend this place if you're looking for something unique off the beaten path.

Room Tip: ask for one of the newer rooms
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Writing this review on my 5th day here, I read the reviews & knew it was out of the way but didn't realise how bad the roads r to get here, b warned a very bumpy ride.i was not impressed by room badly needs redecorating & new bedding, towels ect. Found cockroach in bathroom and been eaten alive by mozzies that's with the use of Mozi bands, 2 cans of sprays & insect stick, I got nothing while in other hotels in siem reap or vietnam. Flies all over breakfast which REALY isn't worth going for, they have bread a very old oven thing which only warms bread and door falling off,boiled eggs,a little fruit &I think it's muesli,not a great choice, a flask for t or coffee which isn't hot,& lots of cats running round in restaraunt saw one playing with cockroach yesterday. Must say massage in room was amazing, I've just come back from reception while waiting for my sun rise trip which didn't turn up after an hour, reception had to call tuk tuk & on way said u need ticket it's 20 dollars not mentioned when I booked am very cross as already paid 40 dollars to see temples previous days if i was told would of done on the same day, that is if they bothered to turn up.this is the worst hotel I've stayed in & others have been much cheaper, would stay in royal crown hotel in siem reap that is clean & very efficient. I booked with Asia travel as i was told I could cancell without charge when i arrived Monday & saw hotel & cockroaches I tried to change hotels but they wouldn't let me!!! & not returned my email, I know now not to book until I'm here as plenty of nice hotels, it has spoilt my stay in Cambodia, just went got a tea & cats on chairs in restaraunt on reflection I think it's flees that bit me as when I put in after bite it does not sting as it should if Mozi bite, and spray is having no effect. I would not recomend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank happy121
Javier S, General Manager at Lotus Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

I'm personally quite dissappointed to see this review my staff and I really went out of our way to try and make your stay with us as comfortable as possible. I understand you wanted to stay at a 4 star hotel and we attempted to move you to another hotel 3 times but you refused to go and insisted to stay with us untill the very last day. I personally offered you free transportation to the hotel of your choice but you stayed. You insisted you wanted to go to a 4 star hotel that is triple the price of our lovely hotel. We never refused you to go to another hotel. It is our policy that if anyone is not fully enjoying themselves at our hotel we will transfer them to the hotel of their choice free of charge and assist in anyway possible. Yes, our hotel is located away from the hustle and bustle of Siem Reap and in an authentic and local community so the 100 meter unpaved road may be a bit bumpy but again this is the reality that the majority of Cambodians and tourists experience. Our breakfast consists of fruits, yogurt/museli, eggs, bread, and various juices. We have fresh fruit shakes available and so much more that our guests can choose from. Our coffee is also local Cambodian coffee grown in northern Cambodia and is brewed fresh. The $20 dollars you paid to enter Angkor Wat is the same price that every traveler pays. The prices for this are written quite clearly everywhere. We have several Tuk Tuk's parked outside of our hotel everyday waiting to take guests where they need to go (free of charge to pub street). It is very easy to hop into any of our Tuk Tuk's. There are no shortage of drivers in Siem Reap (Thousands of Tuk Tuk Drivers). And yes, we do have 2 adorable kittens that we take care of. The 2 kittens at our hotel were saved by another one of our guests and our manager. They were abandoned and nearly didn't survive. Their names are Rocky and Adrianne and we hope everyone that stays with us will be able to meet them too.

Mitch