“Nice staff, good food”
Review of Lotus Lodge

Lotus Lodge
Ranked #220 of 374 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for three nights in Lotus Lodge. We had a great time. We didn't mind that it was away from pub street, because we came to visit Angkor wat. We thought the rooms could use some paint and renovation, but nothing serious. The staff arranged a very nice tuk tuk driver to take us to Angkor wat, we had a great time. Food was also good!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I travelled to Cambodia alone in July and stayed at the Lotus Lodge for two weeks. The hotel may be smaller than some that I have seen there but I have never felt so welcome. The staff was exceptional and so helpful. I loved staying there because it reminded me of a villa where you could feel at home while you were away, which is very welcoming when you are travelling alone. I went on some of the tours they organized and highly recommened the country side tour; they actually show you the parts of the county that make Cambodia so magical. Thank you so much Lotus Lodge, I cant wait to come back! :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Truhlarikova
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

As it is low season we know we could have found better accommodation for a similar price. You would only stay here as a last resort. We chose this one from the lonely planet book and on all the possitive reviews here on TA which we think are misleading to say the least.

It is a low end place how ever there were a few things that just didn't cut it compared to other low end places.

1.On arrival we were shown to our room but they didnt explain anything or showed us were things were.

2. The room didn't even seem ready for guests as there were no minibar, the fridge wasn't even plugged in to the wall as the wallsocket was hanging loose from the wall. no water, no toilet paper. The toilet didn't work, so in the end we had to ask to change rooms. In this room the safe didn't work and we were told we could keep our valuables in the reception area.

4. The pathway up to the rooms were covered in green slippery slime due to the rain,it was downright dangerous and which could have easily been removed with a outdoor broom by one of the staff that were just hanging around the pool area.

5. Pool area could be great but at the time of our stay it was overgrown with weeds and needed a good clean.

6. We found the staff to be unattentive and didn't seem to care. However they were friendly if you approached them.

7. Finally they failed to notify booking.com that we showed up for our stay which we were going to be charged a cancellation fee for.

This could be such a good place with a bit of renovations and attention to detail.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Simonmadelene
Reviewed September 21, 2013

As I am retired, I have become somewhat of a habitual traveller. I routinely read Trip Advisor and on several past instances have submitted critiques of establishments, where I have rested my weary head.
As a recurring visitor to Siem Reap, my hotel of choice has always been Lotus Lodge. Over the past few years I have stayed there on several occasions. In my experience I have always found the staff to be attentive and quick to respond to my personal needs, and all other guests.
They are also collectively the politest staff of anywhere I have ever visited.

I just recently returned, with n the past month from quite pleasant visit to Lotus Lodge. Present ownership, has undertaken renovations of the units, particularly the washrooms.

I had the pleasure of being assigned one of the newly renovated rooms. The washroom was newly tiled and bright and fresh. In the main room I was left awash in a calmness and comfort, largely due I believe from cooling green they have chosen.

Lotus Lodge is and will continue to be my personal oasis, of South East Asia, and I would suggest anyone would find the same comfort as I feel.
For you travel dollar, you won’t find a better value.
james

Room Tip: room 306 is a very nice room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank james p
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We recently stayed at Lotus Lodge whilst in Siem Reap; we thoroughly enjoyed it here.

The rooms were clean, spacious and had everything you needed. The location was good and is a little out of the main town which the free tuk tuks from 9am - 9pm made up for is perfect if you want somewhere quiet to relax after a full day sightseeing.

The staff were friendly and helpful sharing knowledge of the local area/sights. The breakfast was good and the crepes are tasty! The 'breakfast in a box' is a nice touch if you need to depart early as we did one morning.

The swimming pool is well kept and a great place to relax after a full day of visiting Angkor Wat. The swimming pool is a good size which allows you to swim unlike in other places.

The lodge has a restaurant which provides good quality food at reasonable prices. The Cambodian curry was particularly good!

The look out tower is a nice touch also and is a great place for photos - you can see a lot of Siem Reap from here.

We traveled around Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam and Lotus Lodge was one of our favourite places - we thoroughly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren A
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I choosed this hotel mainly because of its VERY cheap price and its good reviews on Tripadvisor. I have to admit, the location is not great (you NEED to take a tuktuk to go to the center, especially at night because there are no lights in that area). I really appreciated the free transport from the hotel to the center (between 9 am and 9 pm I believe). The breakfast was delicious (a lot of fresh fruits that they will refill for you and omelets and eggs on demand). The pool is enormous and there are some couches & pool table next to it to relax in the afternoon. The rooms themselves are not very impressive but they serve their main purpose (accommodating) the staff was helpful. All and all, if I looked at the price I paid and what I actually got, I would say it was a pretty good deal. I don't think you can find better value and if you are on a budget but want to have something nice, I recommend this hotel grandly.
Only one thing annoyed me : we stayed one week and at the beginning of the week, the credit card machine was broken and I asked when it would be repaired and they said "soon" and I kept asking every day to see if I would need to take out money to pay the bill at check out and they assure me it would be working on my check-out day but then it wasn't and so last minute, we had to go all the way to the closest ATM (they could have just told us earlier!!!)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Everything about this hotel was positive: they were quick in responding my emails about reservation, they offered a free pick-up service, they welcomed me in a very nice way and I was even gifted a traditional scarf at the Reception. That's all what makes the first impression.

The location is perfect, free drop off to the city centre, which could be about 30-40 min walk if you would want to see the surroundings.

And they have a wonderful outdoor swimming pool where one can chill out after visiting temples from 4 am.

Rooms are comfortable, clean and includes free wifi.

Good deal for the money you pay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo