Lotus Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Freedom Hotel(Siem Reap)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 20, 2012

It can be argued that it is too far away from the action of Pub St, but have you come this far to see some temples or eat pizza and drink cheap beer?

We stayed for over a week and really enjoyed it, and a particular tuk tuk driver furthered our enjoyment of the temples although his 110cc motorbike which had done over 200,000 km pulling fat foreigners around struggled a bit.

Great deals during the off season, free bikes, library, internet etc, breakfast boxes to go for the sunrise missions to the temples, and due to distance from main drag, not so polluted. Very knowledgeable tuktuk drivers doubling as guides.

Lots of wonderful smiling staff, nice swimming pool.

Only problem is that the tuk tuk drivers say they dont get paid anything for the free rides into town the hotel advertises and petrol is as expensive as it is in Australia at $1.40 a litre and it is quite some distance to pub street.

So, if you have a free ride to town, it may be a good idea to tip a dollar or so to help pay for the petrol.

Something you may be interested in is having your ears cleaned. I had my ears candled in Bali a couple of years ago and had problems with them ever since. The Ta San Barber Shop a couple of doors down from Joes to Go at 328, St 10 Mondul 1 village near Pub St had an incredible girl with a variety of instruments who spent about 40 minutes cleaning my ears for an incredibly cheap price of two dollars or something insane. I paid $5 and told her to keep the change, money well spent.

6  Thank Arthur G
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Overall, I like this hotel. It was quiet, a bit out of the way (for me, that's good) and not mixed in with downtown and all the other traveler bars and hotels. I stayed about 5 nights. The rooms were simple and clean. The pool is nice. I watched the guy come every morning and tend to the chlorine levels and cleaning. The food is generally good.

Nareth at the front desk is exceptionally helpful, smart, and willing to go out of her way to help, as she did in helping me to solve a somewhat serious travel problem that arose. She speaks English well and solved my problem calmly; whereas, I wanted to go through the ceiling. Nareth deserves special mention.

There are some issues, being that it is Cambodia and not a five-star hotel. The first night I was given a room with a leaky bathroom ceiling and mold forming it around it. (Mold can be a dangerous thing, so I hope management will tend to that). I asked to change the room, and they did so. My new room was just fine. One day housekeeping did not make up my room. Not sure why that happened. A section of the handrail going into the pool was removed leaving some sharp, jagged edges expose. If someone were to bump up against those they could easily be cut (management should fix that).

Staff often liked to play the music loud in the restaurant, which was annoying. Most of the time when I told them to turn it down, they did. Other times they forgot, or someone else came along and turned it up again. I guess the louder the music plays, the happier everything is.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed 5 nights in Lotus Lodge and selected it because it was further out of town and had a pool. We were really happy with our choice. The rooms are clean, the staff friendly and helpful, and its location and amenities make it a great place to rest after a long day. The pool is a brilliant addition, not a day went by when we didn't enjoy it.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We liked Lotus Lodge very much. This hotel is just really nice because it is between Angkor and the center of siem reap. From here you can just get on a bicycle go Angkor or Siem Reap. The hotel has bicycles that you can borrow for free. And transport from the hotel to ''anywhere'' with tuktuk is free from 9am to 3pm! (one way only) The staff is friendly and one of the owners we met, Mitch, is a really nice guy! Price is good, we payed 22 dollar for a room with AC and hot shower including breakfast.

3  Thank Greg G
Reviewed September 10, 2012

During my travels through Cambodia and Thailand I have stayed in quite a few hotels at the same (proposed) standard and also at lower prices, but the lotus lodge has been quite a disappointment to me. We have stayed here for 5 nights and chosen the hotel because of the promising ratings.

Positive:size of pool, nice restaurant area as well as the service there, the complimentary breakfast, free book exchange, free pool table, wheelchair accessability (as it is unsual in Asia)

room: Despite booking the highest category, the furniture was old and partly broken (doors where hard to close, drawers fell out etc, safety box was not working.). Due to the close proximity of the other row of rooms and little light, the rooms where quite dark at any time of the day and one can hear every noise from the other guests walking down the aisle or their alarm clocks going off. The windows can NOT be locked, so make sure you have your valuables safe. After 8 am the roomservice started cleaning, not without a very loud conversation between rooms.

location: During raining season, the road to the hotel is very muddy and consists of a lot of holes, therefore taking one of the free bikes would result in a huge mess. Due to absolute darkness at nightime and barely any houses next to the road it is necessary to cover the distance to more lively areas by tuk tuk (2$). There are barely any shops and no restaurant or food stalls close to the hotel.
I figure that for people who are only interested in visiting the temples and otherwise not wanting to leave the hotel, the location seems to be ok. If you are (like us) interested in exploring Siem Reap or eating outside of the hotel, there are better places to stay at.

Tuk-tuk-Service: The free tuk-tuk service between 9 am to 3 pm is nice, but afterwards and for the way back you have to pay. As for the tours to Angkor and sourroundings organized by the hotel, be aware that prices will of course be higher. Also be prepared that even these drivers may ask you to book tours without the knowledge of the hotel or may not bring you to the requested destination (e.g. as we ask very clearly to be brought to the bus station, but were of course dropped off at a dubious travel agency...).

2  Thank Cori86