See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Out of all the guest houses and hotels I stayed in during my two month trek round South East Asia this is the one that stands out from the rest. The pool was a welcome luxury after days of exploring the temples of Angkor and there is real peace and quiet since the hotel is located a little bit out of town. Some would say that's a negative, since you have to take a tuk-tuk into town or use the pre-arranged FREE shuttle the hotel provides, but after staying in the centres of Phnom Penh, Bangkok and Ho Chi Minh City I was pretty relieved to get some uninterrupted sleep. As a note: I only came across one tuk-tuk driver that didn't know where the Lotus Lodge was, and there were plenty of others clamouring to take me back, so I wouldn't worry about that.

The room itself was clean and cosey, air con working just fine and not too noisy. The bathroom was a bit dark but had an overhead shower, an OVERHEAD SHOWER!! Everywhere else I stayed had a shower head attached to the bath taps. Come to think of it, the room itself might have been dark, I don't know though since I was out looking at temples and in town all day!

Breakfast was excellent and the poolside food even better. We even organised a few tours through the hotel; highly reccommend the trip to the village on stilts and the Dutch owner let us in on a cheeky Khmer secret reservoir with hammocks and huts just outside Siem Reap where the locals relax. That was truely amazing.

Overall, if I'm ever back in the area I'm definitely staying here again.

Date of stay: February 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
5  Thank captain_puzz
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Amazing hotel, great food and the best staff. I don't write reviews all that often unless I'm really really impressed. Lotus Lodge did a very good job making sure I had an amazing time during my stay. I'm already planning my next trip there.

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
6  Thank Emron E
Reviewed January 23, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel with the most wonderful staff. It was absolutely an experience of a lifetime. The hotel is very clean and relaxing. The food at the restaurant is delicious! You can even see the temples from the hotel's tower! Wonderful place! Planning another trip back there soon

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank Carolina M
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Lovely place to stay, clean rooms, great food and beautiful pool-ideal to relax around after a day at the temples. Free bike hire and wi-fi a bonus too. Staff are sweet, friendly and helpful. Would definitely come back.

Date of stay: January 2012
4  Thank mimbza
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Lotus Lodge was a perfect little oasis after several hot days' temple viewing while we were in Siem Reap. The staff could not have been nicer. All were friendly, accommodating and eager to practise their English. It was quiet while we were there and the monsoon rains had made the entrance into a swimming pool, but a short, exciting tuk tuk ride soon got us into town for an evening out and back. The staff can arrange all sorts of trips and travel arrangements so staying there was very easy. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the air conditioning worked fine. My only reservation would be about the bathroom, in that it was a bit dingy. However, everything else was great; the swimming pool was lovely and the food was excellent. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: August 2011