“Great location and Welcoming Staff”

Angkor Riviera Hotel
Ranked #241 of 356 Hotels in Siem Reap
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Great location and Welcoming Staff”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Unlike most guests me and my husband stayed at this hotel for 14 days so can give a review that is accurate and expereinced.
This hotel is situated in a great location for the night markets, pub street and to take a tuk tuk to the Temples including Angkor Wat.
Our room was clean and tidy and had everything we needed as a base including air con. Tea, coffee, mini bar, TV, and hair drier. The hotel services staff arrived everyday with a smile and hello to change the bed and towels and clean through the room. Room services was efficient and easy.
Breakfast was varied to meet the europeon guests as well as the vast number of oriental guests. We dined in the restuarent and had traditional Khmer meals which tasted great. The staff here were also so welcoming, polite and were always ready to help. The staff just got on with there jobs.
The bar was attended by the most welcoming of people Sreyrath. She worked hard to please everyone, was warm, welcoming and a chatty girl. We can recommend the Angkor beer (small 2 dollars) and the Singapore sling and Welcome to Cambodia cocktails (3.50 dollars).
The pool was clean albeit small with only twelve sunbeds which was adequate because most guest were out and about making the most of the places to visit.
We didnt use the Spa or the Gym but again they looked ok.

Would I return to this hotel...... absolutely we made some special friends here and intend to stay in touch and return one day.

Room Tip: We were on 4th floor over looking pool 408. Air con was noisy more notibly at night.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JAWWAJ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I enjoyed the time stay at here with its strategic location which is near to the famous central market of Siem Reap as well as the famous "FCC" cafe which is five minutes away from the hotel. It is quite an enjoyable experience with my friends.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chinwai
Singapore
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I am staying in the hotel now and have stayed here in the past. It does have an excellent location and good value for money. However, this time my room (307) was infested with bedbugs and after 24 hours I am covered with itchy welts. After reporting this they instantly moved me to another room for the final two nights of my stay. So be warned--take a flashlight and check around the frame and especially headboard of your bed before you accept a room. I post this because I haven't heard much about bed bug infestations in Southeast Asia and was shocked to have this happen to me.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Ron M

Travelers are raving about these Siem Reap hotels

Bendigo, Australia
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Spent several nights here after our flight into Siem Reap, rooms were very spacious, nothing spectacular, but relaxing.

Pool was excellent, nice place to relax in after golfing or sight seeing out to Angkor Watt or the Floating Village, well located to most places we wanted to go.

Staff were very friendly and nothing was too hard for them, even allowing us to lounge around in the pool drinking Baileys and brining us as much ice as we needed at a cost of US$1 a bucket.

If I do get to return, it will be hard to select another hotel over this one as it fit all of my needs adequately.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My review of this hotel could be biased by the fact that I had driven 4 hours from Ravieng province to get here... Anyway, in western terms I would call this a reasonable 3.5 star hotel. The staff were attentive and helpful, room was fine, bathroom good and the pool was a welcome friend after spending a few days roughing it in more remote parts of the country. Went for a massage at the hotel and that was the highlight of my stay - would recommend it to all. I went for the 90mins Khmer massage and would do it again in an instant!
The hotel is located a 5 minute walk from the major market in Siem Reap and I also walked up to the FCC once evening (also about 5 mins). If you are looking for reasonable accommodation in Siem Reap then I can recommend the Riviera (although 'Riviera' is Cambodia isn't as glamorous as in Europe....)

Newquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We were put up in this hotel by the airline after our flight was cancelled. Best thing about the hotel is its location close to the night markets and restaurants. The staff were friendly and helpful. The downside to this hotel is it feels like the typical chain hotel lacking any individuality. It is in need of a lick of paint. Breakfast was ok but not up to the standard I expect of a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The hotel is a bit old but overall the rooms are clean, bathroom are clean and decent. Nothing we could complain about nor praise about but the hotel is in a great location. It's not right in the heart of pub street and the markets but it's only 5-10 minute walking distance. We stayed for both nights and we haven't had the need to get a tuk tuk to go around the places. It is also only 10 min away from Angkor Wat too if you're game for the sunrise tour, this is not a bad place to stay.

Room Tip: High level can see quite a nice view of Siem Reap
1 Thank mythary