Open today: 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
The best ever adventure sport in Cambodia

My friend and I spent an amazing 1 day drive with Dave. We were new to dirt biking and were a bit... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
shankarg1234
Half day

In Siem Reap for 4 days and spent an excellent 4 hours exploring the surrounding countryside with... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Jlello1

All reviews off road skill level half day tour single track red dirt real cambodia protective gear riding skills awesome ride experienced riders alternate route mud puddles amazing scenery an excellent teacher an absolute blast day adventure support vehicle
Selected filters
Reviewed March 16, 2016 via mobile

I went on a half day tour. One of the owners Dave was on a tour when I booked only a few days in advance, but was really helpful communicating with me via phone and email. My guide was Pich, he was excellent at navigating my ability and confidence and giving me encouragement to try things which I otherwise wouldn't have. The bikes were in good condition, the gear was clean and safe. The tour we went on had a great range of different and challenging terranes. I had fun and would highly recommend these guys. Most fun I had in Cambodia :)
Thanks Kickstart

Date of experience: March 2016
Kickstartdbtour, Owner at Kickstart Dirt Bike Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2016

Hi Amy

We're glad you had a good day with us. Sorry I couldn't be there myself! Pich is a great guide, who judges customers ability well. From the pictures it looks like you had a blast!

Hope you manage to keep up the dirtbiking.

All the best from Dave & The Kickstart Team

Reviewed February 20, 2016

This was my first experience of off road biking - and I was inspired from the start. The website was clear and helpful, Dave and La were exceptional from the first enquiry all the way through to the email after my experience to check I was ok!
The knowledge of the roads was superb and well planned. The stops were timely and very well chosen.
La quickly realised the groups capabilities and set the routes back after lunch accordingly - the challenge he set me set the adrenalin running and I loved every minute. I was welcomed back to base by Dave with an ice cold beer.
This was certainly one of the best experiences of my life and I would not hesitate to recommend.

Date of experience: February 2016
Kickstartdbtour, Owner at Kickstart Dirt Bike Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2016

Hey John

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, and we're glad you had an awesome time. It was a good day and you guys were a fun group. I can't believe how lucky Michael was with his Go Pro!

It was a shame you couldn't come for the half day, as I had some wicked trails planned. When the adrenaline is running it's hard not to want to keep riding... you feel it the next day though!

I hope you guys have a great year and get loads of ride time. All the best for the future and I hope to see you again in this neck of the woods. Say hello to Mike!

All the best

Reviewed February 19, 2016

Dave at Kickstart was able to put together a customised 10-day bike tour for me after another company let me down by cancelling a booked tour at short notice. In the end, the other company did me a favour, as I'm confident that the tour provided by Kickstart was superior to the one I'd originally booked.

My tour started in Siem Reap and included a tour around Angkor Wat and surrounding temples. After leaving Siem Reap, we took a circular route that included nights in Kampong Thom, Kampang Cham, Phnom Penh and Battambang, before returning to Siem Reap for a couple more nights (and more riding/sightseeing).

I had booked to ride a Honda XL250 but I got a free upgrade to a Suzuki DRZ400, which proved to be a very enjoyable bike for the distance riding that we did. For my last day of riding (out of Siem Reap), I was given another free upgrade to a Yamaha WR250 which was much better suited to the tight trails that we rode up the Kulen Mountain. The bikes were excellent.

Dave was an excellent tour guide throughout the trip. He has lived in Cambodia for about 15 years and is married to a Cambodian, so he is knowledgable about local customs and culture. He also speaks fluent Khmer which was a tremendous bonus when on the road. Wherever we stopped, he was able to communicate with the locals, whether it was at a road-side shop, a restaurant, or when speaking with residents of the small villages that we passed through. Dave also knows Khmer food, and was able to meet my request to eat primarily local dishes throughout the tour. He was very customer-focussed and keen to ensure that I got the most out of the tour. He was a great companion and it felt more like I was travelling with a friend than a tour guide.

Whilst I have about 40 years of motorcycling experience, I had no dirt-bike experience before this trip. Dave brought me along gently through the tour, as we rode a variety of graded red dirt roads, sandy tracks, muddy sections and tight trails, ending with the more technical ride up Kulen Mountain.

The hotels throughout the tour were of a good quality - particularly the excellent 'home base' Moon Residence Hotel, situated next door to the Kickstart office.

When in Siem Reap, Dave's business partner La was also very friendly and helpful. He accompanied us for meals and also drove us on a sightseeing trip in his old Land Rover Lightweight.

I couldn't have asked for a better tour or a better tour guide/companion. I highly recommend Kickstart to anyone contemplating a motorcycle tour in Cambodia.

Date of experience: January 2016

Hi Craig

Thanks very much for the amazing review, and thanks for coming on one of our tours. I certainly enjoyed showing you what Cambodia is all about. I love this job as every tour is unique and reminds me of why I live here, and as you say by the end of the tour you've made new friends.

This tour was a perfect opportunity to hone those off-road skills, and after 10 days you become one with the bike. For someone who has never ridden off-road I am impressed, as by the end of the tour we were riding some pretty technical terrain. Well done Craig!

I hope you manage to find new off-road opportunities on future travels. Maybe one day you'll find yourself back here ;)

I wish you all the best for the future. Thanks Mate

Warm Regards

Reviewed February 10, 2016

First time on a dirt-bike and off-road, I couldn't have wished for a better experience. Staff were really polite and explained how everything works, and then they took me on a solo tour of the Cambodian countryside. The ride included a lot of terrain variety, and of course my guide tailored it for my skill level, and desires.

Thoroughly recommended, give it a try and see the real Cambodia.

Date of experience: January 2016
Kickstartdbtour, Owner at Kickstart Dirt Bike Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2016

Hi Michael

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're glad you had a good ride with us, La said you were a natural! I hope you manage to get more dirt biking in back home.

Ride safe!

Dave, La & The Kickstart Team.

Reviewed February 4, 2016

We were highly recommended by a fellow traveller for an unforgettable dirt biking experience. Dave guided us through the countryside and paddy fields, stopping for coconuts and water enroute. Dave was really considerate of our inexperience, a competent and safe guide with extensive local knowledge. A real highlight of our visit to Cambodia and so pleased we bit the bullet and went for it!

Date of experience: February 2016
Kickstartdbtour, Owner at Kickstart Dirt Bike Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2016

Hey Maggie

Glad you guys had a good one. I enjoyed showing you round and gotta say I was very impressed by both your performances. It's definitely a good way to get a glimpse of what Cambodia has to offer.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I hope to see you in the future.

All the best