“Screwed up our reservation - and its still possibly my favorite hostel ever.”

and 1 more site!
The Siem Reap Hostel
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Awesome hostel. Pool, great bar specials, cinema, a ton of stuff going on everyday. They have a million other amenities listed on their website.

They screwed up our reservation (as is, unfortunately, bound to happen every once in a while, especially if you're employing locals whose first language is not English). Handled the mistake like pros. Manager came out, apologized profusely, found us another place to stay for our first night (also cheap and clean, but not as awesome), and even got us transfered there for free. Also had some plumbing issues with the dorm bathrooms while we were there (again, this is Cambodia, this sort of $hit happens)... promptly cleared out a room to make sure people staying in dorms had enough bathrooms to use, and served up a big batch of (free, very strong) punch in the bar that night to say sorry.

Staff was friendly and helpful, place was clean, beds were comfy.

IF I had to find things to complain about, the dorm lockers are metal and a little noisy (this is Diem Reap, so a lot of people are getting up before 5am to go see sunrise at Angkor Way). Also, they very nicely give you disposable cups for the pool area (no glass, which is just smart), but I wish they'd switch to non-disposable plastic. Although the manager assured me they're working on this one.

I've been to over 40 countries, and this might be my favorite hostel ever. I think it'snot that hard to run a hostel when everything goes right, it's what you do about issues that shows how it really is. And this place aced that test.

2  Thank meaggie
Write a ReviewReviews (1,186)

Reviewed June 2, 2014

One of the nicer hostels I've stayed in while backpacking SE asia. The rooms are spotless, the washrooms and large and clean, and the common area and pool is great for socializing. They help pair you up with others to share tuk tuks and taxis to Angkor Watt, and there are always groups of people going everyday.

Room Tip: Go for the 6 person Dorms.
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I stayed in a 6 bed dorm here and really enjoyed my stay. The rooms are very clean and the a/c is great. After a day of walking around temples or riding a bike, the pool is so inviting! The food was really delicious, surprisingly the Cambodian food is the same price as the western food. I'd definitely recommend staying here while in Siem Reap.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I had three nights here and enjoyed them a lot. The hostel is clean and the dorms have big lockers under the bunks to keep your stuff safe. I found the staff and management to be very friendly, helpful and informative. They have tours set up and drivers ready to take you around the temples for very reasonable prices.
Also in a great location close to the center and all the bars/restaurants you need.
Highly recommended if you're staying in Siem Reap.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

This was the first hostel I stayed in this entire world. I like it a lot. It has big locker, tidy-clean room and shared bathroom. Unfortunately, I didnt have time to try its yoga class because I love yoga but was to tired after did tour around Angkor Archeological Park. I will recommend this hostel to my friends who wants to go to Siem Reap. I like its social goals: helping local community. Keep on going and always get better!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I had an excellent stay in this hostel. Staff were very friendly and exceptionally helpful. Complete facilities and sometimes I felt like not leaving the dorm at all (lol) because of the comfy atmosphere and friendly people. Free bike rentals (but sukhar told me at the last minute!) and I'd gone a long walk already for 2 days. Location is very accessible and every tuk-tuk driver knows where the exact location is. Will definitely come back here! :)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hostel was great, clean, friendly helpful staff, has a bar and a clean pool...I'm pretty sure in Cambodia that's all you really need. The dorms have fans, AC, and internet which was fantastic. They have a cinema with big comfy lounge chairs and they screen documentaries and films on cambodia daily. In the entrance to the hostel you'll find computers, tour information, information on yoga classes or walking city tours just about everything you could need. The hostel is reasonably priced but book early as it seemed to be full during our entire 4nt stay. I spoke with a few backpackers who had stayed in other hostels just waiting for a bed here to open up...don't miss out!

The hostel also sends a tuk tuk driver to the airport complimentary, which my 5star resort in thailand didn't even do. Thank you Siem Reap Hostel for being so thoughtful.

I also liked that the hostel finances their tuk tuk drivers so they can eventually own their tuk tuks. The driver we used almost all four days was the best, and I'd highly recommend him, Mr. Vothea. A quick shout out to him, he toured us around Ankor Wat 2days in a row, and quoted us very fair and reasonable tuk tuk prices, he also got us a reasonably priced tour guide for the temples. Mr. Vothea was also just a nice man, he talked with me about his family and his life in cambodia, I would gladly support him with my business in the future and suggest that you do the same, an honest guy making an honest living.

1  Thank Linz L