“The best hostel in Asia”

and 1 more site!
The Siem Reap Hostel
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This is such a great hostel, probably the best I've stayed at anywhere in the world. For $9 a night it is a little bit more than some of the other hostels in the area but it's worth paying the few extra dollars. The dorms are air conditioned and really clean, plus they clean them during day. There's also a great cinema, yoga, a pool, bar and restaurant- what more could you want. The location is also great, about a 5 minute walk to pub street so you are close but far enough away to escape the noise! I can recommend this as a really good place to stay for solo female travellers, safe and a great place to meet people. I can't think of anything to complain about!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Stephanie247
There are newer reviews for The Siem Reap Hostel

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Really good hostel to stay at. They arranged airport pick-up for us and also a guide for the Angkor Wat if you want one. The bar/food area is great and there is a nice pool where you can relax. The rooms are clean and tidy and the WIFI is good. I'd recommend this hostel to all.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

The deluxe dorm with airco and ensuite bathroom felt clean and Nice, but 9$ a night is a lot. Good beds! Spotted 1 cockroach, but cleaning ladies mopped daily!
Administration at this place is a bit weird, they first said I could only stay 1 night. I asked like 5 times more to check and the 5th time there was a bed, though I had to change rooms. They said I had to change Again the next day. I packed my stuff at 5am (was going to angkor) and downstairs they Told me I didn't have to change at all..
Like the pool and cinema, but to be honest I used neither in my 4 nights there. Fine restaurant and generally friendly people. One of the nicest I stayed in!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Driess_and_Gus, Manager at The Siem Reap Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Hi there. As a busy hostel, we do our best to accommodate walk-in guests like yourself - we are most often fully booked 2 or more nights ahead but were able to squeeze you in due to a cancellation. We do our best to keep guests from moving rooms and this is why your circumstances changed when another last minute bed became available. If you'd booked ahead you would have been more likely to score one of our cheaper $7 dorm beds and been able to remain there for the entirety of your stay.
Our building is regularly inspected and treated by the local pest pros for nasties but, like anywhere in the world, from time to time they still try to get in - the roach you saw wont have lasted long!
Thanks for the kind words and Happy Trails. :-)

Reviewed April 16, 2014

The perfect hostel for seeing the Angkor Wat temples! The staff will set up a tuktuk for you at a good price (or you can join other guests tours by signing up) and the poor is a necessity for post-temple hopping in the Cambodia heat. The female dorm was quite clean (cleaned every day) but the beds are not the greatest. The wifi service is quite poor, but the atmosphere is so social that you won't miss it! Breakfast is not included with dorms, but you can get the buffet for $2 and it's definitely worth it!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Thanks for the nice review! We have high speed fibre optic internet with HEEYOOOGE bandwidth available for our guests. Despite regular checking, occasionally in our busy hostel the routers can go offline and need a reset - that's why we have signs around the place asking guests to let us know if there are any probs.
Our beds are equipped with quality, inner sprung, firm mattresses. I've slept on them myself on occasion and personally I'd be more inclined to agree with the majority of feedback telling us how comfortable they are - we'd be seriously looking at changing them if this were not so. We aim to be the best in the region and we really value feedback from our guests -including yours. All the best. :-)

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Really nice Hostel, which goes the extra mile for their guests. Everything you could want and more. It is affordable, comfy and clean. I have nothing bad to say about it, apart from the fact it has a hotel feel about it (not necessarily a bad thing), which is a great treat if you have been backpacking like myself for months. I would definitely recommend trying food elsewhere (the hotel has great food) as its much cheaper and less Western.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 13, 2014

This place has everything you could possibly need, and some things you didn't even realized you wanted (like good burgers and a cinema). One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at, and it does fill up so you might want to book in advance.

Great chill out space, indoor pool (!!!), and cheap beer, but what makes the place really stand out is the amount of information they're able to provide and how much they're able to help you make the most of your time in Siem Reap. Their staff gave some really helpful suggestions on seeing the temples, and facilitates sharing of Tuk Tuks to save money when touring Ankor Wat. Just a really nice spot.

Room Tip: Prefer the Girl's dorm, but it books up so you should book in advance.
Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This is the first review I've ever written for a hostel and that's because the siem reap hostel deserves a great review! And do you know that by staying here you're helping Kodak Cambodian families who the siem reap hostel guys, gives them the opportunity to speak English and pays them an ethical wage? it's great. I was there for a week, partially because I got really sick, and Gus made sure I was taken care of and I felt so at home! The location, yoga studio,cinema, pool, bar, prices make it amazing already but the staff just top it off. You have to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014