“Would have been perfect except for the bed bugs!!”

and 1 more site!
The Siem Reap Hostel
Reviewed February 27, 2012

This hostel facilities wise is one of the best I have ever stayed in! It's central with a pool, tours, a cafe with cheap food and drink and lots of areas where you can chill out or socialise! There is only one thing letting it down- the creatures you share your bed with! I could actually see the bugs moving around the bed when I got in. I changed beds but the new bed had washed blood stains from where other people had been bitten so its a common problem. To be fair when I told reception he wrote down the affected bed so hopefully it was sorted! The dorms also have lockers under the bed so you can lock all your luggage away. This hostel has thought of everything for travellers!!!

Room Tip: The dorms are a great size with air con, a bathroom and seperate shower plus private under bed locke...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Elizabeth W

Reviewed February 24, 2012

Arriving at the hostel I was amazed at the place when only paying $6 for a dorm. Gorgeous pool, loads of areas to relax, games, books etc.

They offer yoga and an eating tour but when I tried to book they were all on different days to what was advertised-so I missed them both which was annoying.

The reception staff were hard work-the boys, not the girl. A communication barrier meant 7 emails confirming I had a room. First it was a no, then only a private room and then they said they were full. I asked if I could stay another night and they said to ask the day before I left at the latest. I went the same night and he said they were full three times until I reminded him of what he said and then miraculously he found a room. Another girl I met had to move rooms 3 times in a 5 night stay so they need to be more organised.

Apart from this, the food is great, bar staff are brilliant and friendly and happy our has great beer for 50 cents!!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 9, 2012

We arrived at The Siem Reap Hostel after a terrible night at another place (see my review of Villa of Somali), and we were very glad with the change of scenery. We stayed for two nights at this hostel and we were very pleased.

We opted for a private double room, which costed US$ 24 per room, per night. For that price, we got a big room, with a nice hot shower and very clean toilet. The room also had air conditioning, cable TV, wi-fi in the room and some kind of "safe" to store our luggage (bring your own padlock or buy one at the reception for US$1).

The private room price included a buffet style breakfast. While it was not a great breakfast, it had all the basic options we needed (tea, juice, toast, butter, jam, etc.) to start our day. From what we read, the breakfast is not included on the dorm bed prices, but you can pay an extra US$2, which is a good value.

The hostel has a nice common area, with a bar, some board games, music, and a very good indoor swimming pool. On the second floor, there is also a pool table - but it was under maintenance during our stay. On the lobby you can get some good advice about tours, tuk-tuks and all travel info you need. That was a good touch, and helped us a lot during our stay.

At night, I heard some noise coming from the lounge area downstairs - music and loud chatting. But nothing too annoying, and I had a nice sleep.

The hotel is well located, just about five minutes walking from the pub street, close to some nice restaurants.

Overall, it was a good hostel and a good option if you are looking for a cheap and comfortable place in Siem Reap. I do recommend it.

Room Tip: We stayed at a private room and I think it was very good value for money. The private rooms ares big...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank luizniquet
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Wow, this place feels as comfy, clean and outfitted as a good hotel but has the lovely backpackers charm and is unexpensive as a hostel. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm room that was spacious and amazingly clean with an ensuite bathroom. All facilities like the pool, bar, restaurant are in best condition. The staff is very helpful and friendly. They organized a tuktuk-driver (ask for Serarn!) and a ticket for the boat trip to Phnom Penh for me. I have to admit: The best hostel I've ever been to!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jonnyfootballhero
Reviewed January 23, 2012

We stayed 2 nights. The SRH is all you can imagine when thinking of a perfect hostel. Atmosphere, rooms, service, crowd, etc. Swimming pool at the bar, large tables, nice couches along the pool, billiard, games, books and the best: a huge buffet breakfast with tea, coffee, fresh fruit, pancakes, toast, juices, corn flakes and muesli for 2$. We left because it was full and came back every morning for breakfast for another week. The rooms were spacious and modern, but not the cleanest we have been to in Cambodia.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Great location, great value for money, great dorms! I arrived on December 25th and we have an amazing Christmas Lunch!!! The owner and managers are helpful and funny people. Beer for 50 cents and double drink on happy hour really made my evenings!! The staff are also amazing, specially the lady who stays at bar in the mornings! Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Great, helpful staff. 2 free computers to use, lots of tours to choose from, lovely indoor pool, great tasting cheap food, and drinks. Central location, just a mere 4 blocks to the downtown tourist core of Siem Reap.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family