This is a lovely little guesthouse. The staff are all very friendly and most speak English well, but even the staff who did not speak English well did their best to help us.
The pool was very nice; it was clean and the water was nice and cool. Just perfect after a day out wandering around the temples in the sweltering heat and humidity.
The room we had was spacious and clean with one large queen bed and one double which we didn't sleep in.
The location is also amazing - just 5 minutes walk to Pub Street and the Night and Old Markets but it's far enough away from all the noise and crowd. It's also situated around all the other hotels/guesthouses so it's very safe to walk around. We rarely took a tuk tuk around Siem Reap itself, preferring to enjoy the local environment. The only time we took a tuk tuk was when we went to the ruins.
Our Tuk Tuk driver's name is 'Hak' and he stays outside the guesthouse. He took us to the Angkor Wat ticket station on the afternoon we arrived at the guesthouse, and then we went on to do the sunset viewing of Angkor Wat after that.
Hak's english isn't great but he was very friendly and very honest with his prices; we stayed with him for our entire stay. We definitely highly recommend him.
There were three things which we found lacking:
1. The hotel confused our pick up time at the airport. We arrived at 12pm but they thought 12am...so we ended up waiting at the airport for a while and couldn't get through to them on the phone. Eventually we gave up and caught a taxi to the hotel.
2. The food at the restaurant (both Khmer and Western) is rather terrible. Just skip the restaurant's food. There are ALOT of really good Khmer food literally around the corner from the guesthouse and cheaper as well.
3. The shower took forever to heat up the hot water...we literally had to leave the water running for a full 5 minutes before it started warming up. During the day the cold shower is fine since it's soooo hot, but in the morning it's a rude awakening!
Overall though the hotel was very lovely. We would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tanei Boutique Villa is ideally located at a good location a quiet road a few minutes walk from the fantastic cafes/restaurants & bars of Siem Reap City Centre. Free buffet breakfast and pickup from the airport. Bus and boat station. Nice outdoor pool and jacuzzi. Phsa Chas( Old Market) market is just a few minutes walk from Tanei Boutique Villa, 10 minutes from International Airport and close to down town, which a great place to go shopping, A easy 15 minutes to a magnificent Angkor Temple in the north. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, HostelWorld, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tanei Boutique Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanei Guesthouse Hotel Siem Reap